Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cards 4 Kids!

Hello all and Happy Tuesday! Some of you might know that my mom -- a.k.a. the Rubbermaid -- started a little project for the kids in her home town Children's hospital. She started Cards 4 Kids, which delivers hand made cards to those kiddos who need a little cheering up! Well, not too long ago, we got together and made a bunch of cards to send and I wanted to share a few with..... YOU!

I have to say all of the layouts are really simple because, let's face it, kids are more interested in the cute images than they are in the buttons and bling! So, for starters, I picked up one of my favorite Penny Black images from a clear set called Toadily.....don't you just love these froggies?

The inside says.... "UNFROGETTABLE!" Too cute, right? I colored these guys with copic markers and, while you can't tell, I did add some glitz thanks to glitter glue to the spots and to the wings of those little flies.

The second card is actually one I CASED from my Flourishes "sister" Danielle Kennedy. She sent me THIS little creation last fall for my birthday and I have to tell you that it still, to this day sits on my inspiration board and makes me SMILE!

Here's my version... no bling on this one though since I wanted to make sure this little guy could go to either a boy or a girl if needed. I am sorry but that mouse is tooooooo stinkin' cute! The mouse is called Crumbs Away from Eat Cake Graphics and the little flag is a set from Laura Pryor's Little Inker Designs.


Here's a close up....that lil guy's got gusto!
So, my friends, that's it! These creations are two of a few dozen that will soon make their way over to Children's Hospital of Michigan for the kiddos there to hopefully brighten their days!

Hope your Tuesday is looking sunny in your neck of the woods.... see you back here soon!

~Julie


6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

These cards are adorable, Julie!! Kudos to your mom for starting such a wonderful project to cheer kids, and how wonderful that the two of you could have some fun creating for the benefit of the little ones. I wish her all the best with this venture!

Janine said...

Great cards Julie!! Did you get my last email?? One of them came back address unknown...

Heather Rogers said...

These are soo cute! What a wonderful idea your mom had. I am sure the kids love them. :)
Hugs~

Shannon White said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Ms. Julie! 8-) What a neat thing to do for the kiddos! 8-) I am sure they will love these!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Anonymous said...

Cards4Kids blest again and again with snappy creative design and most favorable sentiments be watching. What a box is one its way to greet treatment families everyday! Rubbermaid and JK, you have outdone yourselves for kids in care. Ellie, bet you had a hand in this fun project, too. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get the mojo cooking from flood preparedness to creative sharing far and away less muddy muck from the mighty, mirky, muddy Musselshell 'Mississippi' River to cheer flood victims here with something to send family when all has been washed downstream of flood mold ravaged to the dumpster, at the very least, lost memories clean up.
Blessings for your day.
mt23stamperatyahoo
Keep Looking UP!

dpkennedy said...

That mouse is just too cute! I am so happy my card inspired yours and that you keep it in your stamp room! I love the wordy paper you used. Your card is just adorable!