Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My 3-1/2 Minute Manly Card!

Hi all! It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge, and this one is for the boys! Literally! All you need to do is create a masculine card and use "manly" images to get the job done! Just CLICK HERE to read up on the challenge and to enter your card via Mr. Linky! There's a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store on the line -- fun stuff!

On to my creation! I have to admit, this is definitely less than a 10 minute card--more like a 3-1/2 minute card! I actually made it as a graduation card for my son who is making the BIG MOVE from 8th grade to HIGH SCHOOL! I think my heart just stopped as I typed those words. Honestly? My baby? In High School? Does anyone have a tissue?

I wanted to keep it simple because that's what 14-year-old boys are - no fuss! I did reach for some of my favorite stamps - I absolutely LOVE some of Impression Obsession's silhouette stamps. I used Silhouette 2 and stamped it in two shades of green on a light kraft colored paper. (Memento Bamboo Leaves and New Sprout). Add some paper piercing, a button, twine and then, a beautiful sentiment called Change the World. I like using this sentiment for graduations because - to me - it's empowering! :-) After stamping, I matted my panel on a piece of BasicGrey green decorative paper and then again on a darker Kraft card. You can't see it in the photo, but I actually accented my card with THIS Cover-A-Card background called Branches. It added a cool textured look to my card. Speaking of Cover-A-Cards backgrounds. Did you know IO came out with 16 new ones this spring? You can click HERE to check out ALL of these awesome backgrounds!

Want to see what the rest of the IO gals created for the guys in their lives? Hop on over and see..

Daniela
Dina
Jeanne
Kathy
Laura
Jenny
Deborah

Thanks for stopping by! See you all back here soon!


Post a Comment