Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday Box!

Hi all! I have some exciting news to share and I think this little logo above kind of gives it away! A few weeks ago, I was asked by Diana Crick (the inventor of the Scor-Pal) to join her design team!! It was an offer that I was really intrigued by! I love, love, love my Scor-pal and I think this position will really stretch me. No, I know it will!

Today, I'm going to show you a project that I whipped up for my daughter's birthday. She turned 8 on Friday and like most kids, she LOVES gift cards. It's like getting a present twice she tells me -- because you get the gift card and then.. you can shop! Here's a look below at the finished project. The box was stamped using Flourishes Make A Wish stamp set (perfect for the princesses in your life!)
Here's a peek at the box from the side so you can kind of see what it takes to make it!



To create the box, all you need to do is start with a piece of paper that measures 3-1/2" wide by 9-1/2" long. Laying this paper lengthwise on your Scor-Pal, you score at the 1-1/2"(mountain fold), 2-3/4" (valley fold), 3-1/2"(valley fold), 6"(valley fold), 6-3/4" (valley fold) and 8" (mountain fold) grooves. Take a second piece of paper cut to measure 4 by 4-7/8" and score 3/4" all around this piece. cut on one side of each cut line to create your inside box.



And, after you "line" the inside of your box and cover, this is what the inside looks like!



You can see I used an oval punch to create my "handles" on my box. I also have another trick that I used to keep the box closed.



Want to see? Before I covered the inside portion of my box with paper, I put down some BasicGrey magnets so that my box would automatically be clasped shut, protecting the gift card inside!




I also added some additional decorative paper on the outside, some stitching and also some decorative corner punces on my handle portion to finish it off! I tried to coordinate my box to THIS CARD that I had already made for my DD several weeks ago!
And here's a fun little tag that I created using an oval and scalloped oval punch!



And that, my friends is it! Hope you enjoyed this easy peasy little box that is super fun to make!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon! Tomorrow marks the beginning of Impression Obsession's sneak peeks to get ready for CHA. So.... you'll have to come on back and see what kind of fun stamps that they are about to release!



See you then!

~Julie



Project Supplies:
Stamp Set: Make A Wish, Flourishes
Scoring Tool: Scor-Pal
Paper, Flourishes Classic Ivory Card Stock, BasicGrey Sweet Threads
Copic Markers: RV32, RV02. RV00, RV0000, YG63, YG03, YG00, BG000, BG0000, C03, C00
Extras: May Arts Silver Cording, Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue in Diamond, Bo Bunny Aqua Rhinestone, Stampin Up Oval and Scalloped Oval Punch, BasicGrey Small Magnetic Snaps

12 comments:

Shannon White said...

Congrats Miss Julie on your New DT spot! That is so exciting! I am so Happy for you! Yay! They obviously have excellent taste! 8-)
And what a Wonderful Gift Card holder you have created! This is soo Adorable! I know your daughter will just Love it! I'm So Looking forward to seeing many more of your inspiring creations!

Hugs
Shannon

Emily Keaton said...

Congratulations, Julie, on joining the ScorPal DT!! I love this little box you made and can't wait to see what else you create. Enjoy yourself!!

Heather Rogers said...

Congratulations girl! I am so happy for you. It think your first project is amazing. What a beautiful box and card set. I can't wait to see what else you create. Maybe I can CASE some of your projects. :)
Hugs~

Merry said...

Oh this is so wonderful....beautiful papers too. Congrats too on the DT position

Allison Cope said...

Congrats Julie! Well deserved indeed! Love your little box.

denise g. said...

Am I too old to be a Princess??? LOVE what DD got and I so agree with her philosophy on gift cards being like 2 gifts. She's a smart cookie; probably takes after her Grandma A...
I am truly looking forward to what you do with your Scor-Pal, Julie. I am so happy that you are being stretched and we all get to learn along the way with your adventure. Congratulations!!!

lisa808 said...

Congratulations! Love the gift card box.

Marian said...

Absolutely love the way you colored the flower on that box. What a sweet gift for any young lady!

Anonymous said...

H-B-day, Ellie! You and our E have birthdays so close together! What a lovely surprise boxed card gift! Those roses are delightful. Now, what surprises did you repurpose that uber gift box to deliver? Total fun to deliver the contents and skip back to your room to plot the next surprise delivery under gorgeous cover. Happy summer birthday days!
mt23stamperatyahoo
Keep Looking Up!

Anonymous said...

Great photo work showcasing the ScorPal box, Julie! Your delicate rose coloring is eyecatching. Oooo LA LA! Thanks for deets. Will be hauling to the craft table soom. mt23stamperatyahoo
Keep Looking UP!

dpkennedy said...

Well congrats Julie! You will do that DT proud! Love your box! Perfect for any little princess!

jean w. said...

Wow Julie your DD is going to love this box and card! Thanks for sharing them with us! I looked at your postings and love the color combos you use and your cards!