Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hidden Cabin...

Hi all! Another Impression Obsession's CHA Summer Preview for you today! All this week (18th through 24th of July), IO will be showing off it's new stamps at the CHA trade show in Chicago, and.... all this week different team members will be showcasing some of those new designs to you as well! Just for blog hopping and commenting, you could WIN a $25 gift certificate to the IO Store! How can you win? All you have to do is leave a comment on every team member's sneak peek blog post, and the I.O blog... every day! Just visit the I.O. blog each morning for links to the posts for the day!

On to my creation!



I have to say, living in Montana, you see these kinds of cabins all the time. This would be a perfect card for me to send to friends and family all over the world. Wouldn't you just love a hideaway where you could go inside, sit in front of the fire and watch the stillness around you? Ahhhh.... I would! This is one of Gary Robertson's new images called H1830 Cabin. Because Gary adds a lot of shading to his creations to begin with -- coloring is a snap! I colored this image up with Copic markers and actually just chose a light and a dark brown for the house, added some BG0000 for the snow, YG63 for the trees, accent with some glitter glue and.... done! The sentiment is an older one called Peace on Earth. I just punched it using a 1-1/2" circle, added some seam binding ribbon and... voila!




Here's a close up, you can kind of see the sparkle I've got going on here... thanks to some Crystal Stickles!


Want to see what some of the other IO gals whipped up? Just click HERE to travel over to the IO blog to see who else is showing off some new creations today! And, if you want to see some of the other new IO images, just click HERE to see the entire new Fall/Winter release!

I'll be back tomorrow with another set of fun and new IO images! See you then!

~Julie

Post a Comment