Friday, December 23, 2011

Cozy Little Cabin in the Woods!


Hi all and happy Friday!  It's a Flourishes Free for All Friday, which means all the Flourishes gals have some eye candy for you to see using some of Flourishes newly released sets!  I hope you hop around and check out what they have in store!  

Want to see my creation?
When I first set sights on this new stamp set from Marcella -- Snow Wonderful --  I just saw something with a kind of country feel -- and so that is what I went for with this creation! I stamped my little cottage in the woods on kraft colored paper and then, using bleach, "painted" my trees to lighten the color. Afterwards, I took my colored pencils and went to town coloring this little scene up, blending afterward with odorless mineral spirits. Add some sparkle thanks to glitter glue and your image is fini! I did cut out my image using Flourishes new Tailor-made die called the Classic Keyhole Die -- which is a perfect fit! I cut and embossed my image, cut along the stamp line and then cut a second shape out of decorative green paper for my mat. Mat onto some fun Christmas paper (these were from my scraps bin) and you're almost done! Before I assembled, I wrapped my creation with THIS beautiful burgundy ribbon and THIS fun trim! Add a button and a saying stamped on vellum and cut with the word window from the Keyhole Die set and... ta da!!! Ready to send! 

Here's a close up! Don't you just want to cozy in to that little cabin with a cup of hot chocolate? Ahhh.... that would be relaxing! 

FYI: This is the last day to take advantage of Flourishes New Release Bundle -- 10% off all new release sets if you buy them in a bundle. You can check out that fabulous deal HERE! 


Thanks for stopping by! For those that celebrate Christmas, I hope you enjoy this beautiful holiday with family and friends in your homes and hearts. I'll be back here after the holidays with more creative inspiration to share!

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Your card does have a country feel to it! I love the cabin and the snow! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

denise g. said...

It sure is a beauty. Love how you used the bleach on kraft. Also like the sentiment on the vellum. Merry Christmas and "see" ya in 2012!

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, Julie! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

ChristineCreations said...

A great idea to use the bleach...and this is one awesome card! Great to see you use your prismas too :) It's really perfectly country warm and cozy.

Carole said...

Beautiful Julie, looks like Santa's house *smile* Merry Christmas!

Sewflake said...

This is such a beautiful cozy cottage in the woods, love the stamp and the colors you have used with it. I think we aught to build a cottage just like it, blazing fire and all.
Have a Blessed Christmas.

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love that stamp coloured "country". The bleaching looks so good!
Beth Greco

lisa808 said...

Beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Darlene said...

This is just precious Julie! Merry Christmas to you & your family! HUGS!

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous card, Julie! Dang, you make me want to get started on next year's cards. Really love this!