Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Favorites!

Happy New Year everyone! It's hard to believe one year is over and a new one is fresh underway. I don't know about you  but I'm not big on resolutions for the new year. This year, however, I decided to try to adopt one. I want to learn discipline. That sounds odd, right? Well, I decided I want to be a little more disciplined in my daily life. I'm a little too laid back about some things and I think I want to take some things a little more seriously -- like my prayer life, my health, my family, my work. I know some days I'll probably fall flat on my face, but that's OK! I'm human and thankfully, I have two legs and can get back up. So, do you have a resolution? You'll have to share, I always find sharing helps you focus! :-)

As we close out a year and start fresh, I thought I'd go back through my old posts and give you a "Best Of'..." I went back and picked my favorite card or project from each and every month. So, sit back and enjoy!

From January 2011.... like the down home sweet feel of this one using Flourishes Berry Sweet Set and some Ranger Distress Inks to watercolor.

I know I just showed this project last Friday as a recap of some things I had done with tins, but it ranks as one of my faves using Flourishes From the Desk Of set....
For March, I thought this little box of chocolate eggs was fun using Impression Obession's stamp Happy Wishes!

For April, I picked this fun card using one of my favorite sets -- Butterflies and Blossoms by Flourishes...

For June, I picked this one using Flourishes set Humming Along. I just love pink and green... if you can't tell!
For July, I picked this project that ended up housing a gift card for my DD's birthday... sentimental value with this one! I used Flourishes' Make a Wish set! 
For August, I chose this juicy creation. It reminds me of summer goodness and for that I say... YUM! It uses Flourishes Italian Garden set!
For September, I just had to pick this cute little lady. This image from Impression Obsession just makes me SMILE! It's from the set called What a Hoot!

For October, I had to pick this fun little project that's perfect for all occasions -- just need to mix up the paper and sentiment! I used Flourishes' Meet Me Under the Mistletoe for this one!

For November, I had to pick this frosty little window creation using Flourishes Joy is in the Air set! You'll have to click HERE to see the whole thing! ;-)
And to round out the year, for December, I picked this card I made with A Year in Flowers 1 from Flourishes. I just love black and ivory with a pop of color.

and that, my friends, is a look at some of my faves for 2011! I know 2012 will bring more creativity here and more chit chat with all of YOU... my blogging buds! Thanks for stopping by and sharing some of your time with me! :-)

~Julie


7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous projects- I look forward to seeing your beautiful projects in my mailbox.....I had to stop and thank you for the inspiration and wish you a Happy New Year- keep up with all of that great Pink Too! LOL

Glenda said...

Each and every one of these a true work of art. I am always so inspired by your creations! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a gorgeous array of favourites!! Thanks for sharing and for the incredible inspiration you freely share.
Beth Greco

Ravengirl said...

What a lovely recap of the highlights of your year! Happy New Year!

Cheryl said...

All just beautiful! I love the altered tin. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

LOVE all your favorites Julie!!!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Loved seeing these, Julie! All so fabulous! You have always been such an inspiration to me. Good luck with your resolution. You're trying to be less laid back and I'm trying to be more laid back. Funny!