Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Fun-Filled Noon Time Challenge!

Are you ready for one of Flourishes' Noon Time Challenges? It's a fun-filled way to get your hands on all of Flourishes sets being released in January! Well, this challenge will not only get those creative juices flowing, but will use some brain power too! All you need to do is play in.....

 


HOW TO PLAY: As we ring in the new year, let's be inspired by the numbers we'll use for the next 300 plus days! It's a limited supply challenge that revolves around 2012! So, here's your recipe: You can only use 2 colors. You can use 0 bling. You must use at least 1 embellishment and you can only have 2 layers (not including your card base)! Let's see that creativity shine! If you upload to a gallery, please use the key word FLLCJAN12. Entries must be in before Friday, January 13th at 5PM EST.

Need a little inspiration? Yours truly took the challenge and used the set the Flourishes gals sneaked today called Heartlines. I have to say just two layers was a bit tricky and... no bling? Are you kidding me? Well, turns out, you can make a card without rhinestones! :-) See?

 

Super duper easy peasy! I used --- yet again -- paper from My Mind's Eye Blush collection, a sentiment from Flourishes' new set called Heartlines, and a medium sized shape from Spellbinders Classic Hearts Nestabilities.  From there, I stamped Flourishes' Gerber Daisies on the background using Vivid! Teal ink. Add some stitching, some pink cotton ribbon and a beautiful blossom and.... ta da!!! That, my friends, is it!

I did add some razzle dazzle on the blossom thanks to some glitter glue! (Stickles Crystal)



To see how some of the other Flourishes Designers kicked it 2-0-1-2 style, head on over and see...


Just click HERE for the challenge's official rules!
Well folks, tomorrow brings a close to Flourishes' sneak peeks!! First thing in the morning, all of the sets for the January Release will be live in the Flourishes store and ready for the taking! And also tomorrow, I'll be back to show off one last set that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! :-) So join me tomorrow to see just what I have in store! See you back here soon!

13 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Okay, girl, this is fabulous! Love the daisies on the background! Really beautiful card, my friend!

Jill Peer said...

I love the look of the gingham(brings back memories) paper from My Mind's Eye Blush collection. I am going to have to seek it out. I also like the way you used the gerber daisies. Great job!

Karen W said...

Really pretty card, this is quite the challenge to use so few things!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very fresh and spring like, even without the jewels. lol Beautiful Julie.

Diane said...

So soft and pretty....gorgeous card for being so restricted...you nailed it!!

Barbara said...

Awwww, this is so SWEET!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE this design, Julie! The daisies are beautiful stamped in the background, and I love the gingham on the heart!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh now that's perfect with the gerbera daisies behind the sentiment! Perfect little flower and bow too!

Ravengirl said...

This is a sweet card! I think the challenge is a tough one though!

Leslie Miller said...

You did good! I love how you stamped the daisies on the designer paper. Cute sentiment!

Chrissy D said...

LOVELY!!!!

Queen Mary said...

How come the ribbon isn't an embellishment? I like it, don't get me wrong, just checking on what's an embellishment here! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning! I love the Gerber Daisies stamped in the background. :)
Hugs~