Monday, January 16, 2012

Fun Technique To Try!

Hi all! Happy Monday! Hope this week is a beauty for you! You know, there are so many great tutorials here in blog land and recently, I had an inkling to try a new one that I'd never done before -- a grid card. I've seen were folks stamp on address labels and then arrange the stickers like tiles -- but I'd never seen THIS tutorial before! I found it over on the Scor-Pal website (just follow that link above!)

So, want to see what I came up with?
And... how do you do this? Easy, peasy lemon squeezy.... and FUN too! I took a 4 by 5" piece of Flourishes Classic White Cardstock and using the Scor-Buddy, I scored every 1/2", turned the paper 90 degrees and again, scored every 1/2". From there, I took the Sweet Nature set from Flourishes, inked it up with Rosebud and Bamboo Leaves inks. After my flower was inked, I stamped it over top my scored grid, making sure that the lines were on the indented side and not embossed upward.

Basically, the stamp covers the flat surface, leaving the indents free from stamping. I covered my whole card this way and after I was done, I took a Copic Marker (BG0000) and accented some of the "tiles" to make them stand out a bit more. The rest is just matting it all up! I used Ms. Nelly Kaiser Craft paper, a Spellbinders Labels Seven and Blossom Die (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur). FYI: I did cut two shapes with the same Labels Seven die, embossed the white piece and then cut along the embossed edge so that I would have a 1/16" mat with my green shape.I used the little Blossom die cut shape to act as a mat for my circle sentie. Add some fun ribbon, a pinked edge border (SU punch), some stitching and.... ta da!!!

Here's a closeup so that you can see what's going on a little bit better...

I thought this was a fun little technique and not too hard to create at all! Hope you have a wonderful start to your week! For those that read my Friday post about -- basketball, basketball and more basketball... I'm happy to report DS won both of his games by a landslide and DD won hers by 6 points. So... YIPPPEEE! Next game is tomorrow! Ahhh, to be a basketball mom. I love it!

Take care and I'll see y'all back here soon!

~Julie


5 comments:

Glenda said...

Lovely card and a great technique. I might have to give this one a try!

Janine said...

Love it Julie! Gotta give it a try! How ya been??

denise g. said...

Neat-o! Even I could maybe do this one. I had the 16th off and did some stamping - - my brother's birthday card is in the mail! Happy to read your kids are keeping you off the streets and winning at it, too. Stay warm and well.

Peachy Wessels said...

What a neat card - I love your idea - very easy, like you said! Fun, Fun project!

Renee V said...

Looks gorgeous, fabulous card and I love that you shaded with the pale blue Copic to make it stand out better!