Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hearts and Flowers!

Hi all! Hope your week is shaping up nicely! It was back to the daily grind for me and I tell you -- getting some time to create this week was a wonderful thing! Today, I'm here with a fun-filled challenge ushered in by the gals at Impression Obsession. This theme is for the honey in your life because it's all about Hearts & Flowers!  


On to my creation! One of my favorite stamps of all time is THIS one called Hydrangea Ribbon. When the ideas started flowing about hearts and flowers, I thought of a heart -- tied up with flowers! And, from there, I just knew which stamp I had to use!

This card is rather simple - I stamped my image, colored it up with Copic Markers and used these colors - RV85, RV83, RV81, YG21, YG23, YG25, E53, and E51. From there, I cut my gingham heart thanks to a Classic Heart Nestabilities Die. Then, I figured out where I wanted my ribbon to be on my heart, and situated the die so that it would cut it to fit on my heart. Afterward, I cut out my image, adhered it and the rest is just matting it up! I added a doily, some pearls, some My Mind's Eye Paper (Blush), and... ta da! I did score around the edge of my darker pink paper and sand it a bit to give it a little bit of a distressed look. 

Now, the sentiment was tricky. After looking at my IO sentiments, I didn't have one I felt would fit this image perfectly --- that is -- until I found THIS one. It's called Mother's Day. I know what you're thinking... Mother's Day? For Valentine's Day? Well, I only inked up the With Love and I think it works perfectly! I then cut it out using Spellbinders Pennants Die. 

Here's a close up....  


So, grab your IO stamps and get them inky! There's a $25 gift certificate on the line. You have until January 11th at 10PM to enter! :-) Just be sure to link up on the challenge post over on the Impression Obsession Blog! In the meantime, if you are looking for some creative inspiration, look no further! These ladies on the list down below are sure to get those creative juices flowing! 

Laura Fulcher
Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Vicki Garrett

Jenny Gropp

Happy Thursday! I'll see you back here real soon! 
~Julie

8 comments:

Naomi said...

This is GORGEOUS, Julie! LOVE the colours, the doily, and the gingham heart! Oh, so pretty!

Hope your year is off to a great start!

Naomi
xoxo

Glenda said...

Love your card and it's right on time. We are all beginning to think of Valentine's Day and this is just perfect. Love the gingham paper!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card! Very elegantly and gently.
Helena

Patti J said...

Wow, Julie, this is a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for sharing, and for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty and delicate!

Shannon White said...

Wow Ms. Julie! Is this Ever Pretty! Love your soft and delicate color pallet. Just Beautiful! Thanks as always for the Wonderful inspiration! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

denise g. said...

Pink gingham - perfect! Oh and so was the weather today. It got to 55 and was just gorgeous, so thanks for sending it along. Happy Weekend!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful, feminine valentine! Your coloring is superb!