Friday, January 20, 2012

It's a Free For All!



Hi all and happy Friday!  It’s a Flourishes Free for All Friday, which means all the Flourishes gals have some eye candy for you to see using some of Flourishes newly released sets!  I hope you hop around and check out what they have in store!  Also, this is the last day to take advantage of Flourishes New Release Bundle — 10% off all new release sets if you buy them in a bundle. You can check out that fabulous deal HERE! 

On to my creation! I picked up the Love Sweet Love set and used that darling basket with the love note and flowers tucked inside. I just love the vintage feel!

I have to admit, my brain was a bit fried this week, so I decided to take Mojo Monday's sketch for a spin. And here's a peek....


When it comes to sketches, I'll be the first to admit, I'm really literal - I don't take a ton of creative license and so... you can pretty much see my card -- right there in that layout!  ;-)

How did I whip this up? Well, with some papers from My Mind's Eye (Breeze and Vanity Fair) and Kaiser Craft (Miss Nelly), add some cotton linen ribbon, some crochet lace, a button and those are the "pieces." I  stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa on Flourishes Classic Ivory and colored it up with Copic markers and used these collections....



Here's a close up! You can see I used Spellbinders Classic Circles and the Blossom Nestabilities die (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur) for my main image. 


And that, my friends, is it! An easy peasy creation that has a bit of a feminine flair! Make sure you hop on over to see what the rest of my Flourishes teammates whipped up this week! I am sure their posts are chocked full of inspiration! 


 I hope you have some weekend fun in store! We are still digging out and more snow is on the way. At least I'm getting some exercise shoveling! Take care everyone and I'll see y'all back here soon!

~Julie

10 comments:

petra,s cards said...

oohhhooo julie this one is fabulous love your colouring lay-out and the papers are stunning!!! i can,t wait to starded whit this fabulous image!! thanks again for winning!!!
big hug petra

My name is Erika. said...

Love this card Julie. Love the color scheme...it's so fresh and springy-which I wish it was...

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card, Julie, and your coloring is amazing! Love those patterned papers!

ChristineCreations said...

WOWEE! This is so beautiful vivid Julie! Love the coloring and the great use of the sketch!

denise g. said...

What a lovely breath of spring as winter rages outside my window. Your coloring is divine and the fact that you used the sketch as presented is exceptional. I have never much understood how you can say you are following a sketch and I can't see ANY of the design elements in your finished piece (not you, sweetie; just others I've viewed now and then). Happy weekend and I look forward to getting my morning exercise with the shovel and the s-n-o-w blower. 59 days until spring!

Dawn B. said...

I love your coloring on the basket Julie. This is gorgeous. Hope you are all shoveled out. We are in the 60s here with daffodils blooming.

Stacy Morgan said...

Fresh! That is what I keep thinking is freshness! Love the sketch with this too Julie.

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, Julie! I love all the happy bright colors! By the way, it's Saturday ;-)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

*gasp!* JULIE! Your coloring on this rocks my world! FABULOUS card!!!!!!!