Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MFT Meets Scor-Pal!




Hi all! I have a fun post for you this Tuesday! The MFT and Scor-Pal design teams have joined forces to show you some fun ways you use these products... together! 

My project is all about Valentine's Day! I don't know about you ladies out there with kiddos, but I am always on the hunt for cute images to make Valentines for my children. When I saw THIS stamp set called Heartfelt, it just warmed my heart! And so, off I went to make a fun fold card with this darling little girl at the center of it all! 

I started with a 11" by 4.5" piece of red card stock, and using my Scor-Pal, scored at the 1.5", 3.5", 7.5" and 9.5" score guides. The mission was to be able to create a "Z" fold on both sides like below... 
I folded on both sides so that when finished, I had a card base that folded like this...

After the base was finished, the fun began by decking out my creation! First, here's a peek at the finished/closed card! You can see, I cut out my image with an oval die, sponged on ink, did some paper piercing and then matted on a heart and scalloped heart die cut shape. I did cut the heart in half and matted half on one side of my fold and half on the other. The oval was attached to ONLY the left side flap. 


I decked out the flaps with some decorative paper and a pinked edge border. And then, when you open it up, you see the sentiment inside framed by a paper pierced heart!  

Here's a close up!  
And, I just had to show a close up of that darling little girl! I did paper piece her shoes and scarf with some decorative paper and colored her up with Copic markers. I used R85, R83, R81, R0000, RV00, RV02, R29, R49, and E27 and E37 for her hair. You can see, I did add some glitter to her mitts and the tip top of her hat. The frame was sponged with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.

And that, my friends, is it! Now... to the good news! There are some prizes being given away in this hop if you hop along to see what all of the designers have in store - just CLICK here over to the Scor-Pal blog for a list of hoppers and prizes! 

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon! 
~ Julie

Post a Comment