Friday, January 6, 2012

New year... new challenge!

Hi all! It's a new year and a new round of Flourishes stamps is just about ready to be revealed! So, let's ring in this new year, with a release week challenge designed to honor the changing of old...to new!

   
  
HOW TO PLAY: Ring in the new year with “Father Time” or “Baby New Year” – this challenge is a fight between new and old! To be in the running, simply use a card that showcases an image of time or one that showcases little baby new year i.e. a baby card. Either will get you in the running! After you're done making your creation, just link it up on THIS post over on the Flourishes Blog. You have until January 13th at 5PM to get in the running! Use Flourishes stamps if you have them, but if you don't, play along anyway -- you could win some! The winner will recieve all three sets that are a part of Flourishes January release!! 

On to my creation! When I thought this through, I new that I wanted to use Flourishes Moments in Time set. BUT, I wanted to use it not in a masculine, but a feminine way. After letting my wheels spin on it for a while... here's what I came up with! 

I ended up using the clock face in this set for my "canvas" - stamping it with Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen. From there, I stamped the other elements on my clock (from the Butterflies and Blossoms set) and then stamped a second time on a piece of Flourishes Classic White paper, so that I could cut them out and pop them up a bit.  

I ended up coloring the butterfly with the Tigerlily Collection of Copic markers and accenting with a White Inkssentials gel pen.

The flowers were colored with the Evergreen Collection and the floral center were colored with the very lightest shade from the Poppy Collection, blended with the clear blender pen and then the centers were colored with the two lightest colors from the Sunflower Collection. I used the Blossom Spellbinders die and Classic Circle Nestabilities die  (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur) to cut both my clock face out and then mat it up. After embossing the Blossom die cut, I did take a sanding block and sand the edges. Add some ribbon a fun brad and a sentiment from the Moment in Time set and... ta da!!!! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! You can see, I did add some razzle dazzle with the help of some glitter glue. 

As you make the rounds, you'll notice a few of the gals are using one of Flourishes' brand new 123 Create Kits called Sweet Nothings! It's a charming mix of feminine elegance and here's a peek at what's inside! 

 

You can check this new kit out HERE!   It contains a 6 by 6-inch Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings paper pack, a pack of heart shaped Prima crystals, 1 yard of 1-1/4" wide champagne May Arts silk ribbon, 2 yards of two-toned shimmery 1/2" May Arts Ribbon, 1 yard of beautiful fabric trim, and 1 pack of champagne self stick pearls. I think its delish! Be sure to see how the rest of the Flourishes team took on this New Year challenge and whether they went for the "older man" or "robbed the cradle!"  :-) Sorry, I couldn't resist!


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here soon! 

~Julie

17 comments:

Glenda said...

This is just beautiful! The soft colors just speak to me! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

love the colors.....and that sweet butterfly, oh my!
Very pretty Julie!

Janett said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you colored the butterfly

ChristineCreations said...

I love your awesome creativity with these sets together! It really adds that vintage feminine touch to the clock. Beautifully colored butterfly too lady!

KimCreate said...

Very Pretty Card! Just love that clock stamp set.
Kim

Stacy Morgan said...

Juie this is very pretty. I like how you combined the clock and the flowers. Great piercing too!

Allison Cope said...

This is stunning Julie! Love the way you incorporated the clock into your card!

Heather Rogers said...

I absolutely LOVE how you combined both these sets and used them with this stunning kit. So soft and feminine. :)
Hugs~

Diane said...

Beautiful card.....great choice of stamp set...fits the challenge perfect...love that yummy butterfly, too!!

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, Miss Julie! LOVE how you used the clock face as a canvas! Genius!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, pretty! I love seeing the Moments in Time set feminized, and you made it so gorgeous! Looks like another pretty kit!

Ida said...

This is lovely.

Tanya said...

This is so beautiful! I love the flowers and butterfly to make the soft clock image more feminine! :) Great idea!

dpkennedy said...

Oh Julie, I love this! You made this clock so feminine...I never thought of that! Love that gorgeously colored butterfly too! Fab creation!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Julie! Gosh I was so excited to see that you had visited me. I visit you every week to see the beautiful creations that you are know for. You know that you are the reason that I am in this crazy world of paper crafting. You were my first mentor! Your talent has always been an inspiration for me. You are one of the masters! Thanks again so much for taking the time to visit me! Hugs, Curt

Dawn B. said...

This is a masterpiece. I love that you used it in a feminine way.. Your layout of the clock face compliments the other elements you added. Great job Julie.

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! Love the subtle colors, and how you combined stamp sets!