Thursday, January 19, 2012

An Oldie but Goodie!

Hi all and Happy Thursday! We are in the middle of a snow storm here in little ole Montana so -- I hope the weather is a little bit "kinder" where you are! Today, while the inches and inches of snow continue to fall -- I'm thinking SPRING in my card making!

Today, the gals with Impression Obsession are ushering in an "Oldies But Goodies" Challenge -- and we are using some older images that are still among our favorites! You can play too -- so stick around and I'll fill you in at the end of this post! You could win free stamps!

On to my creation...


I picked up the oldie called Garden Planter by Gary Robertson -- I just love how he uses the little black cat in his drawings - just peeking around things! I colored my image with Copic markers (a mix) and then matted it up with some oldie but goodie BasicGrey paper (Ambrosia-- it's about three or even four years old! Again, another oldie but goodie!) Add some fun ribbon and a little sentiment tag and almost done! The sentiment is from one of the very first sets I got from Impression Obsession - Mini Messages - I just love the little sentiments that can fit on smaller tags! 

I also added some sparkle with the help of some glittler glue -- you can kind of see it in the close up below...

And, here's a peek at the little tag embellished with a ribbon and button!

And that, my friends, is it! Do you want to play in IO's Oldies but Goodies Challenge? It starts today and continues through next Wednesday, January 25th at 10PM. Just click HERE for all the details! And, while you are hopping over there, be sure to see what the rest of the IO gals whipped up with some of their old time faves! 

Laura Fulcher
Jeanne Streiff
Dina Kowal
Vicki Garrett
Daniela Dobson
Jenny Gropp
Julie Koerber -- you are here!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here real soon. Heck, if it keeps showing the way it is now, I might have nothing else to do BUT stamp and do some show and tell! :-) Take care everyone!

~Julie

7 comments:

Naomi said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Julie! I LOVE the colours and that ribbon is divine!

Naomi
xoxo

Glenda said...

Snow for me would be a welcome change. I'm getting a little tired of brown and mud! All we have been getting is rain! Love your card those are some yummy colors!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Julie! Your colors are so warm and spring feeling! Thanks for the inspiration - stay in and stay warm!!! Hugs...

denise g. said...

GREAT card! Gary Robertson is a fabulous artist, cat and all. Wonderful colors and there is nothing wrong with old stuff. I've been scrubbing up some of Chuck's old wooden boxes and lining them with kraft paper with vague notions to put something in them in my studio. Happy Weekend - almost!

Donna Ellis said...

A great inspiration in matching those oldie papers with our favorite oldies images! The details in your card, and the coloring are scrumptious. Thank you for sharing your card, and describing how you made it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Julie, for detailed close up of embellishment/ tag! Good reminder showcasing mini messages.
Stay warm in 13" of snow today. Transformer near here is on fire so may be out of electricity soon. Keep Looking Up!

Paula Huiras said...

Love this card. You do great work!
Paula Huiras