Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This one for coffee & sock monkey lovers!

Ok, I know that I normally reserve my blog posts here for stamping projects with a little family flavor mixed in every now and then. But, those of you that know me, know that I love to knit as well. Well, here is something else about me -- I love sock monkeys!!! I don't have a sock monkey collection. I have made a few for my kids but -- honestly -- I can't see one without going.. "Awwwww! How cute!!!!" So, when I saw this project on Ravelry.com (a knitting community/forum) I had to give it a try. If you click on the link, you'll see that each one really has his own personality! Too cute, I say!

Well, here's my finished Java George! ;-)


Isn't that hysterical? It's a sock monkey java sleeve? I put it on a normal glass for show and tell but will keep this in my car for those java runs while I am busy being a kid taxi service! ;-) It's hysterical because I downloaded the pattern last night while watching TV and had it done before I went to bed. I assembled today by sewing on the mouth, ears and button eyes! 

I thought I would share because I know some of you ladies out there in blogland like other crafts and might get a kick out of something like this. If you've never checked out Ravelry -- you really need to! It's a wonderful knitting community with forums, patterns, and the ability to create your own library of projects (kind of like Splitcoast does for card making!)

Hope you are having a great week! See you back here soon! :-)
~Julie

Post a Comment