Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This one for coffee & sock monkey lovers!

Ok, I know that I normally reserve my blog posts here for stamping projects with a little family flavor mixed in every now and then. But, those of you that know me, know that I love to knit as well. Well, here is something else about me -- I love sock monkeys!!! I don't have a sock monkey collection. I have made a few for my kids but -- honestly -- I can't see one without going.. "Awwwww! How cute!!!!" So, when I saw this project on Ravelry.com (a knitting community/forum) I had to give it a try. If you click on the link, you'll see that each one really has his own personality! Too cute, I say!

Well, here's my finished Java George! ;-)


Isn't that hysterical? It's a sock monkey java sleeve? I put it on a normal glass for show and tell but will keep this in my car for those java runs while I am busy being a kid taxi service! ;-) It's hysterical because I downloaded the pattern last night while watching TV and had it done before I went to bed. I assembled today by sewing on the mouth, ears and button eyes! 

I thought I would share because I know some of you ladies out there in blogland like other crafts and might get a kick out of something like this. If you've never checked out Ravelry -- you really need to! It's a wonderful knitting community with forums, patterns, and the ability to create your own library of projects (kind of like Splitcoast does for card making!)

Hope you are having a great week! See you back here soon! :-)
~Julie

8 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

He is just too stinkin cute! I'll search out the pattern and see if I can copy it or when you're not looking ....just steal Java Joe Hot Lips. Mom

Carole said...

So adorable!

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee This is adorable! Very creative girlie. I crochet not knit however that site is pretty neat, thanks for the link.

Curt in Indy said...

And some of of guys too! This is really adorable! Best, Curt

Ravengirl said...

This is really cute! There are some ladies at work who would get a real kick out of this!

Bev J. said...

I don't knit but I sure appreciate those that do-what a cute project!

denise g. said...

Well, you know I am not grown up enough to drink coffee. I do, however, have a sock monkey. My grandma made them for all the little cousins when I was in 8th grade. Yep, I used my special status and got one, too. He graces the guest bed. If you look close, you can see he's well loved, just like the quilt she made me that's draped over the end of the bed. Thanks for the warm fuzzies today and don't be snortin' your coffee out your nose when people look twice at your cup decor. This little guy is too stinkin' cute to be slobbered on!

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is so cute! Love it. You did just a fabulous job with Mr Monkey.
Beth Greco