Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sneak Peak Day 1:Lilies in Bloom!

Gosh, it's hard to believe that I am here again with a brand new Flourishes release! But, how exciting! This month, I will be sharing a mix of new stamp sets that are sure to be welcome additions to any stamper's stash! This first set that the ever-so-talented design team is showing off is one that is long overdue for Flourishes. They've gotten request after request for a set to send condolences and notes of sympathy. And this set not only delivers some beautiful sentiments, but some beautiful images as well.

Introducing....

Calla lilies in bloom and a trio of fresh cut blossoms draped with an elegant ribbon - those images take center stage in this beautifully illustrated set from Marcella Hawley. Pair these images up with seven beautifully scripted sentiments for those times when you want to let a friend or loved one know you care.

On to my creation!

I have to say that to create my card, all of the items used are a part of a brand new 123 Create Kit called Bonjour! This kit offers botanical bliss with a french flair. It features a 6 by 6" Kaisercraft Bonjour paper pack, a pack of coordinating jewels, 1 pack of jeweled vintage brads, 1 yard of 5/8" wide green crochet lace, 1 yard of crushed silk ribbon in champagne color, and 1 yard of pink sheer ruffled ribbon. 

Here's a look!
Card tidbits: I stamped on Flourishes Classic White using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then let the fun begin by picking up my Copic Markers. I used these collections...



Few more tidbits! I stamped my sentiment (from the set) in the lower right corner, I embossed the edges of my main polka dot panel using my Scor-Buddy and then sanded the raised edges.After I was done coloring, I did cut using a Spellbinders Petite Ovals Nestabilites and Labels Eighteen die, (cut thanks to my Grand Calibur).  After I was done cutting and embossing, I did sponge some Spun Sugar Distress Ink on my oval panel and then sanded the embossed edges of my mat. I also added a bit of razzle dazzle with some glitter glue. See?  

And that, my friends, is it! 

Would you like to win the Calla Lilies  set? All you need to do is leave some love in the form of a comment on the blogs below! Why? You need to try to figure out…..
    

One of the ladies on our link list below will be picking a name from the comments on her blog post today. We don’t know which one it is… so the more blogs you leave comments on, the more chances you have to win!  So, what are you waiting for? Hop on over and see.....
Post a Comment