Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Flourishes Sneaks Day 2: Botanical Bookplates 2!

Hi all! It's day two of  Flourishes' April release and I have some news for those of you that fell in love with their Botanical Blossoms 1 set released last month! That set has a "sister!" Wait until you meet....
Pansies and Lily of the Valley as beautiful as those in real life! That's what you get when you ink up this new set Botanical Bookplates 2, illustrated by Marcella Hawley. Another fun fact? Botanical Bookplates Vol. 2 was designed to match Flourishes' Tailor-made Classic Bookplate Die for a perfectly cut and embossed image each and every time! 
   
On to my creation! I have to say, I adore Marcella's style of drawing and when I first laid eyes on her version of a Lily of the Valley, I just swooned. Lily of the Valley grew all behind my house when I was growing up and if I close my eyes, I can not only see these beautiful flowers again but I can smell their sweet fragrance!


To create my card was rather easy, thanks to Flourishes brand new 123 Create Kit called Howdy Doody. Here's a peek! Isn't this full of country charm? I think so! You can see all this kit has to offer HERE! 

For my main image, I stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then, reached for my Copic Markers to color. I used these collections:



You can see I added a hint of blue to the flowers just to add a wee bit of depth. The pink was to highlight around my image and match my paper and I only used the lightest shades of the Sweet Pea Collection.  For my die cut main panel, I used Spellbinders Classic Oval and Big Scalloped Ovals, cut thanks to my Grand Calibur. 
And one more shout out for the kit. I just love the ribbon in the kit - so classy! And, you can also get a glimpse of the little crystals as well. You can't tell but they are faceted and have a wonderful shimmer to them!  

And that, my friends, is it!  Would you like to win their new Botanical Bookplates 2 set? All you need to do is leave some love in the form of a comment on the blogs below! Why? You need to try to figure out…..

   

One of the ladies on our link list below will be picking a name from the comments on her blog post today. We don’t know which one it is… so the more blogs you leave comments on, the more chances you have to win! If all of that didn't entice you, I am sure you're going to want to stop by and see the handiwork of Flourishes finest designers!

SENIOR DESIGN TEAM

FRIENDS OF FLOURISHES TEAM

DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD WIN FLOURISHES' ENTIRE APRIL RELEASE?  Have you checked out their Motherly Love Challenge? Just click HERE to find out how to play! You can also play in the Noon Time Challenges! Yesterday they brought you the Lovely in Lace Challenge HERE. And, be sure to tune in today over at the Flourishes Blog at noon for one more fast paced way to win!  All challenges will close this Friday at 5 PM EST! So get those fingers inky and good luck! See you back here soon!
Pin It
Post a Comment