Thursday, April 26, 2012

IO DT Thursday


Hi all and Happy Thursday! Yours truly is hosting DT Thursday over on the Impression Obsession blog and so... I'm sharing one of my creations and if you stick around til the end of this post --- there is some fun blog candy on the line! 

For Winter CHA, IO released a darling dog stamp that resonated with my family. Why? The pup in the stamp looked just like our family dog, Maggie! So... check out my creation!
I wanted to create a card with country charm and really make this old cow dog sing! So, after stamping, I colored with grey tone Copic markers and then highlighted with some light blue to make my pup stand out a bit more. This stamp is called Border Collie Herding. I thought it would be fun to pair this image up with a fun sentiment and so I used Every Day With You.  If I did this card all over again, it might have been fun to add a small dog treat to the card-- LOL! Just kidding! My dog would end up eating it off the card. ;-) I added some gingham style paper that I edged with pinking shears, and some distressed looking designer paper, a star button and some twine and.. ta da! Done! 

Funny and true story - after my 8-year-old daughter saw this stamp she asked to borrow it one day. I didn't really know what she was up to but thought I'd give her some space. Well, the next day when I went to feed our dog, this is what I found! I cracked up! 


And... just to give you a peek at our pup, here she is. I have to say, she HATES getting her picture taken and always looks terrified and has her ears down as if to say - "What are you doing to me???"

Funny dog! Ok.. moving on to some fun! Would you like to win some fun candy courtesy of Impression Obsession???


Just leave a comment on this post and I'll draw a winner next Thursday when I will be back with another IO DT Challenge! The winner gets all four of these fun sets! 

I'll be back tomorrow with some more fun -- so be sure to tune back in! I'll see you then!

~Julie



Pin It
Post a Comment