Thursday, June 7, 2012

By the Sea!

Hi all! Today the fun continues with Impression Obsession and today -- it's Gary Robertson's turn to unveil some new images that are perfect for summer! The DT is also ushering in a challenge called By The Sea and -- just like the name suggests -- the challenge is to include a little sand or surf or even a nautical feel to your card or creation! Just like in past challenges -- there is a gift certificate to the IO store on the line! So, click over HERE to find out more!


I have to say I love Gary Robertson's images. They all have a certain kind of charm to them that reminds me of a bit of yesteryear.. a time when life was slower. I did love this image that I used called Path to the Beach. Don't you just want to go there? I colored my image up with Copic markers, added some paper piercing, stitching and some fun Authentique Genuine papers. The little loopy brads are ones that I have had forever! I just wove some May Arts crushed mustard ribbon through for a little extra something. The sentiment called Live in the Sunshine was perfect (in my humble opinion) for this image.


So, there you have it -- a clean and simple creation that I think would be a great "guy" card! You'll have to make the rounds to see what the rest of the DT whipped up using some of Gary's new stamps! And... while you are hopping, don't forget to check out the By The Sea Challenge HERE!


I'll be back with more fun tomorrow (kicking off my 5th Blogoversary with some fun candy and a challenge or two)... so be sure to tune back in!

~Julie

 
Pin It

11 comments:

stampqueen said...

Great card!!! Looks like watercolors!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect Guy card!! Just gorgeous and yes I'd love to be there!
Beth Greco

Patti J said...

What a pretty scene! Beautifully done, Julie - thanks for sharing!

Heather Rogers said...

This is a fabulous masculine card. I love the loopy brads. :)

Craftyfield said...

Simply lovely card... I have just realized that I have the same brads as you used on this card, albeit in garish colours... nothing that a bit of embossing/mica powders can't fix !

Ann said...

So very beautiful!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love this, Julie!

Cindy said...

Very pretty lite colors--love it!

Stacy Morgan said...

Holy smokes.... I love this. Now this is a stamp I need to have. Gorgeous Julie.

denise g. said...

Well done! Like your loopy ribbons. Great image and sentiment, which you made into a truly lovely card.

Sue McRae said...

Fantastic masculine card!