Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Trip through the Poppy Patch!

Hi all and TGIF! Today the Flourishes design team has a special surprise for all of you! The team is showing off an oldie but goodie that still ranks on Flourishes top selling stamp sets list -- and that set is.....

Poppy Patch!



This set was among the first Flourishes offered and now, it's being given a revamp because it's one of the first older sets that now has a coordinating Silhouette Cut File to go with it! Just click HERE to see Poppy Patch in the store and click HERE for the coordinating cut file! What fun!

I used the new cut file for my creation and had a blast! I love the fact that I can click a few buttons and have the silhouette of my stamped shape cut for me .... in seconds with the Silhouette Cameo!


So... here's my bright and bold creation! I used a mix of patterned paper for my base and mats. I realize you might need sunglasses to look at it but.. hey.. you only live once, why not make it bold! :-) After cutting out my images, I did color the flowers using these Copic Collections...

After I was done, I added a sentiment flag thanks to the Lacey Pennants Die set, a fun bow using Basque Red Seam Binding- which is a part of the Poppy Color Made Easy Collection (a collection that perfectly matches the Poppy Copic Collection). I should point out -- the sentiment is actually from the With Gratitude set -- it just fit perfectly on that little pennant. Add a brad to my bow and that, my friends, is it! Just that simple!

Here's a close up so you can see how the cut images were layered on my card. I actually used some foam tape to lift up portions of it to give it a little "oomph."



Now be sure to head on over and see what the other design team members whipped up with this set! I know you won't be disappointed! :-)


Beate Johns
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Jan Marie Caruso
Julie Koerber
Sharon Doolittle
Silke Ledlow
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have some fun weekend plans. Mine is actually wide open so hopefully I'll live a little spontaneously and find some fun! ;-) Until we meet again... happy creating!



Pin It
Post a Comment