Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Trip through the Poppy Patch!

Hi all and TGIF! Today the Flourishes design team has a special surprise for all of you! The team is showing off an oldie but goodie that still ranks on Flourishes top selling stamp sets list -- and that set is.....

Poppy Patch!



This set was among the first Flourishes offered and now, it's being given a revamp because it's one of the first older sets that now has a coordinating Silhouette Cut File to go with it! Just click HERE to see Poppy Patch in the store and click HERE for the coordinating cut file! What fun!

I used the new cut file for my creation and had a blast! I love the fact that I can click a few buttons and have the silhouette of my stamped shape cut for me .... in seconds with the Silhouette Cameo!


So... here's my bright and bold creation! I used a mix of patterned paper for my base and mats. I realize you might need sunglasses to look at it but.. hey.. you only live once, why not make it bold! :-) After cutting out my images, I did color the flowers using these Copic Collections...

After I was done, I added a sentiment flag thanks to the Lacey Pennants Die set, a fun bow using Basque Red Seam Binding- which is a part of the Poppy Color Made Easy Collection (a collection that perfectly matches the Poppy Copic Collection). I should point out -- the sentiment is actually from the With Gratitude set -- it just fit perfectly on that little pennant. Add a brad to my bow and that, my friends, is it! Just that simple!

Here's a close up so you can see how the cut images were layered on my card. I actually used some foam tape to lift up portions of it to give it a little "oomph."



Now be sure to head on over and see what the other design team members whipped up with this set! I know you won't be disappointed! :-)


Beate Johns
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Jan Marie Caruso
Julie Koerber
Sharon Doolittle
Silke Ledlow
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have some fun weekend plans. Mine is actually wide open so hopefully I'll live a little spontaneously and find some fun! ;-) Until we meet again... happy creating!



Pin It

13 comments:

Beate said...

GORGEOUS card, Julie! I love that you added red polka dotted paper behind your beautiful colored poppies.
Hugs and smiles

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Julie your poppies look wonderful and the red really pops!

Cheryl W said...

I love poppies and yours are so gorgeous!

ChristineCreations said...

They look so pretty with that cut file girl. Awesome paper choices too!

Greta said...

Beautiful work!

kathy s said...

this is so pretty love poppies

Allison Cope said...

Fabulous Julie!!! I so have to talk my hubby into buying me a Silhouette - just to use all of the amazing cut files Flourishes is going to have!!! Love all your card details. Simply gorgeous!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Love the fresh vibrance of this, gf! That cut file is SLICK too...beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

OoooooLa La! Spiffy! Refined! Most excellent use of cuts and a well received stamp set - - - poppy. How fun to see mini dots showing off rich red blooms. Go Flourishes!
Keep Looking UP!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS Julie!!! The cut file makes it even look better...I so need a silhouette comeo tooooooo!!! Hugs ~S~

dpkennedy said...

I just love polka dots and the poppies on it are perfecto! Fantastic card Julie!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE the papers you paired with the beautiful poppies, Julie! Gorgeous card!

Anne-Elise said...

Your card is gorgeous, Julie! Love the red color with the dark background and the beautiful bow! The Silhouette Cameo seems to be a must have... :)