Monday, August 6, 2012

Timeless Tuesday & A Sneak Peek!

Hi all! It's time to start kicking off the sneak peeks for Flourishes' August release and today's fun comes with a challenge as well as a sneak!

As a special treat today, the FTTC and senior design team are joining forces to show off a set that has been a favorite of some this past year but hasn't been available to the public until now! It's called....


The stamp is called With Gratitude! Coneflower and Bell Flower -- two beauties perfect for sending a note of gratitude. This set was released as an exclusive set for FLIP members and is now availble to the public. Before you had to be a FLIP member to get your hands on it, but now, you can buy it! Illustrated beautifully by Marcella Hawley, this set measures 4 by 6" and offers not only 2 beautiful focal flowers but 6 sentiments and a script border. The stamp set is available right now as a pre-order HERE. It’s a beauty!

On to today's challenge! All you need to do is use this sketch for your Timeless Tuesday creation...
And, here's my card....


To create my card, I stamped on Flourishes Classic White using Memento Tuxedo Black and then grabbed my Copic Markers! I used these collections...



I did use some retired paper from my scrap bin because the colors were perfect and I realized the hard way that my decorative paper is lacking purple right now! ;-) These are a mix of Memory Box and Bo Bunny. The ribbon is White Cotton Linen.  Add some stitching, a button and ta da! I should mention, before I stamped, I did cut out my image using the Silhouette Cameo. Stay tuned -- the machine, cut files, blades and accessories will SOON be in the Flourishes store!

We can’t wait to see your take on this fun filled sketch! Make sure to click HERE for all the challenge rules.  Need a little inspiration? Just hop on over and see what these fellow designers whipped up using the new With Gratitude set and this sketch!

Amanda Havon
Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Heather Jensen
Makiko Jones
Denise Marzec
Sasha Holmes
Cindy Lawrence
Stacy Morgan
Jan Marie Caruso
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Silke Ledlow

As you make the rounds in today’s Timeless Tuesday hop, you’ll notice that some of the designers are using a fresh picked 123 Creat Kit called Delightful!


These kits have everything you need to create color coordinated cards with paper, ribbons and embellishments – all in one kit! Travel HERE to see for yourself! 

The August sneaks continue tomorrow — so you’ll have to come back to see what other fun Flourishes has up its sleeve! See you back here soon!


Pin It

17 comments:

Amanda said...

Julie, your card looks Amazing! I love the way you colored the petals of your coneflowers in, they just stand out so beautifully! I love it, love it :)

~ Amanda :)

petra,s cards said...

wauw juli what a beautiful inspiration! love your fantastic colouring,and love the purple colours!
xx petra

Sasha said...

Such a gorgeous card, Julie. You coloured your flowers beautifully and I love your colour choices x

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally purple-licious!!!! The cut out image is fab too! Hugs ~S~

Connie MacFarlane said...

Ooooh, very pretty. Love purple and green together!

Denise Marzec said...

OMGosh, LOVE the blooms colored in purples!!!....Gorgeous!

Ravengirl said...

This is goregous in purple! I love that you stamped the background sentiment image on your flag too!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your colors and the bg paper is so sweet. The new machine must be a winner to cut so perfectly. Absolutely beauty of a card. Pat

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is gorgeous. The purple is smashing (yep a new word for me) and I love your coloring. Gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Julie,
Pretty in lavender too!

Unknown said...

This is super gorgeous Julie! I love the purple!

Allison Cope said...

What a yummy card Julie! Love the colours are so beautiful! Gorgeous!!

Heather Rogers said...

Now that is beautiful Julie! I love purple and there is never enough purple papers out there. Your Coneflowers are stunning! :)

Terry said...

Pretty in purple!
Happy B-day past!
Blessings among your comings and goings. Thanks for all you do to prompt us all into prize winning crafting featuring posies.
Keep Looking UP!

Broni said...

Oh my! I LOVE the violet colored coneflowers! And that cut file is awesome!! Can't wait!

dpkennedy said...

Oooh! I love the purple! This is a beauty Julie!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is GORGEOUS, Julie! Love the rich purples on your beautifully colored image!