HOW TO PLAY: This challenge is a broad one that's all about LOVE -- use love as your theme, use letters as a focal point, or use the colors of love in shades of pink and red. The choice is yours! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCJAN13. Enter as many times as you like, but know that if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until January 11th, 5PM EST to enter. Just make sure you link your creation up below using our Inlinkz widget. As we said, winner gets Flourishes' full January stamp set release. So get those fingers inky!
On to my creation!
When I first started to simmer about this challenge, I saw a monochromatic and soft creation -- one that used Flourishes new Victorian Ovals die. I prayed we had a sentiment that fit that oval and wouldn't you know it -- we do! I used the set called Hearts & Flowers and that long sentiment is just perfect for this. I stamped the rose hearts all over a piece of Flourishes Classic White Card Stock and using Memento Angel Pink ink. I also cut a shape out of classic white and while the Victorian Ovals die was still on the paper, I sponged some Angel Pink ink on the center of the die. I stamped the sentiment in Tea Rose Vivid ink (which is just one shade darker than the Angel Pink for a soft look). Add a heart shaped hat pin, some pearls, lace and seam binding ribbon and... done! Easy peasy!
Here's a close up of the sentiment panel....
If you need a little inspiration, it's never far away with our design team's creations! Hop on over and see...
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Danielle Kennedy
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Sharon Doolittle
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tammy Hershberger
- Simply create a card using LOVE or letters as your focus!
- Entries need to be in by Friday, January 11th at 5 PM EST
- Those that use Flourishes stamps will be counted twice for their entry
- You must link your creation on this post using our inlinkz widget in order to qualify
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those that don’t combine will be in the running.
- If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCJAN13
- We’ll announce the winners Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post on Saturday, January 12 so check back then to see if you’re one of the lucky winners!
Remember, Flourishes' release week sneaks start next Wednesday -- so mark your calendar! We'll also have all of our releases available for pre-order at that time as well! So, check back some fun is brewing and we'd love for you to join in!