Thursday, May 2, 2013

Colorful Creations Challenge!

I'm excited to welcome you to May's Release Challenge at Flourishes! May brings most of us to those warmer sunny days anticipating summer, and-- of course -- May flowers! Well, today the Flourishes design team is bringing you a gorgeous flower... and... asking you to be inspired by its colors!

  Colorful+Creations+May+Challenge 


HOW TO PLAY: There are so many beautiful combinations you can be inspired by! Choose all of the colors in the illustration - or pick three that work together for you and create! If you play along with us, you could win Flourishes entire May Stamp Release! If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCMAY13. You can enter as many times as you like, but we want you to know if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until Friday May 10, 2013 at 5 PM EST to enter. Make sure you link up your creation over on the Flourishes blog HERE!  When you head over there, you can also read up on how that image above is pretty special! You'll have to click on over to find out!

On to my creation! I started out being inspired by THIS layout over on Mojo Monday! I love a good sketch when my mojo is running low!

Here's the sketch....you could do round... or square!



And, here's my card!

I picked some scrap papers to match the color inspiration and used a mix of Glitz, Carta Bella True Friends and Teresa Collins Designs Memories. Add a honeycomb embossing folder and sand it for a little extra pop. Add some Green Cotton Stripes ribbon a wooden button and that's pretty much the layout. For the image, I used the Garden Dreams stamp set and then cut it out with a circle die cut shape. While the die was still on, I sponged on some Antique Linen Distress Ink and colored it all up with Copic Markers (you can see my supply list below for all the colors I used). 

Here's a close up....

I honestly can't believe I made a card without bling! No rhinestones, no pearls, no sparkly buttons, no glitter glue. I feel a bit naked, I tell you! :-)

Before you create, do you need a little extra inspiraiton? We know you'll also be inspired by our Senior Design Teams Creations so go ahead and visit:
 If you want to know the official rules for the challenge, all you need to do is click HERE!  Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to see what you create!

~Julie

supplies:




Pin It

11 comments:

stampqueen said...

Very pretty - great colors!!!

Dianne said...

Now see that's what I;m talking about, look at the sun shining on those pots, it looks like real water in the vase and your background is lovely, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend..

Becky said...

What a fabulous card. Beautiful colors and textures.

ChristineCreations said...

Love the banners! I'm so into them lately! Gorgeous warm garden scene too lady!

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JULIE, your coloring with the Copics looks TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIIIIIIIIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!! :) AND it's PERFECT with this image!!!!!!!! SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

dpkennedy said...

I love the honeycomb texture on the banner! That's brilliant! I love this sweet image too...just perfect for the spring! It's a beautiful card Julie!

Anonymous said...

Thank You! As a vintage girl who sometimes feels the need to wear sunglasses when viewing the beauty on your blog, I so appreciate that you did one card without bling. And a mighty lovely card it is! Like how you added texture to your banner, your coloring is perfect and you did a fab job with the Antique Linen Distress ink. What a way to send me into the kitchen to start Mr Wonderful's dinner! Thanks and Happy Weekend!! Gotta brag -- my nephew, who turned 17 yesterday, did an amazing job in last night's baseball game. He got 2 doubles, a single and FIVE RBIs!!! Hope your kiddos are having an awesome spring, too. denise g.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very springy and pretty. Great use of the sketch too.

Linda Carson said...

Oooooo, that's just so pretty! Beautiful choice of patterns w/matching ep folder!

Ravengirl said...

What a beautiful card Julie! I just love the colors in this challenge!

Heather Rogers said...

I am not sure how I missed this one! I love the embossed flag banner and pretty twill ribbon. :)