On to my creation!
When I first set my sights on this stamp, it reminded me of the good 'ole days growing up, riding horses. We never cut down a tree on horseback mind you, but this feeling of serenity on the back of a horse is something I remember fondly about growing up! We raised horses and so, when I went to color this one, I colored it up after my first horse, Flicka. (Yes, I had a horse named Flicka -- the good news is that I didn't name him!) He was a chestnut with that white blaze on his nose. For the rest of the image, I wanted to give the appearance of a snow covered forest -- so not a ton of coloring other than my cowboy, the evergreens and the bit of snow on the ground! I stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and grabbed my Copic markers (please see my supply list below for the colors that I used). I then grabbed some scraps from my decorative paper bin for my background. Add some twine and a wooden button and almost done! The sentiment from the set was stamped on a piece of Flourishes Classic White that I cut a notch out of. And, here's the best part -- the sparkle! See the glitter I added? This is prisma glitter and not glitter glue - so it REALLY sparkles in real life!
And that, my friends, is it! A cowboy decked out in his work Levis and Carhartts to keep warm and a Stetson on of the top of his head! Before you go, I have to tell you that the rest of my teammates created some wonderful country Christmas designs to show off to you in our Blog Hop today. Don’t forget to look for:
Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber -- you are here!
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
Do you want to win Flourishes' new release?If you would like a chance at winning all five of our soon-to-be released September sets…
- You can play in our Get in Shape Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY September 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
- Play along in our Timeless Tuesday Challenge Make a Good Impression, you can win our entire new release in this challenge as well! See link for rules.
- All five of our September sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all five sets together in a bundle. This discount will be available for only 1 week following the release.
- All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
- Come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!