Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pick your Sketch!

Timeless-Tuesday-New-Logo
Hi all! I decided to get in on the fun today that the Timeless Tuesday gals are ushering in this week. And... if you play along this week, you get a shot at winning Flourishes' entire November release -- it's a fun one too!

So, here's this week's challenge -- take a look at this graphic below and pick one of the sketches below to use as your inspiration for this week's FTTC246 creation!

   FTTC246 Pick a Sketch 

I used the sketch on the right side for my creation -- here's a peek!


I decided I was going to create and kind of take on that "chalkboard" style. I stamped the swag/garland from the Home for the Holidays stamp set using Versamark Ink and then detail white embossing powder and then, I added color in spaces using colored pencils. Since I used some C'oredinations Card Stock, I was able to score an edge around my image and then sand that score line to create a rough and distressed border. I matted my image up using Echo Park Reflections Christmas paper. Add a wooden button and some twine and... almost done! You can see that I did mat it all onto some Flourishes Classic White Card Stock -- ta da!

And that, my friends, is it! If you want to stop by the Flourishes blog, you can check out the official rules for this week's challenge -- you can also see all the designers playing along this week! Just click HERE!

Well folks, Flourishes starts the sneak peeks tomorrow for its November Release -- so exciting! Hopefully, I'll see you all back here tomorrow when I show you the first set that is sure to warm the hearts of many!

See you then!

~Julie
SUPPLIES:



Pin It
Post a Comment