Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Meet The Bloom Brigade!


With a little bit of the story of Power Poppy unveiled yesterday, today we get to share some of the "faces" that will help bring Power Poppy to full bloom! We affectionately call this fabulous and fierce team "The Bloom Brigade" because as you'll soon see - each one has a wild and beautiful facet that they bring with them! Want to learn a little more about this creative force of artistic talent? Marcella asked each of us a question and many of them made us say... "Hmmmm...." Here's mine below! 

Q. Who did you write fan letters to as a teen? 

A. Truth is, I haven't written a fan letter in my life! But, when I was a tween, I loved Michael Jackson. You know that young swoony kind of love? Now I look back and think it's pretty hysterical. I would spend hours dancing and dancing and singing and dancing. I had pretty much every MJ poster ever made and even had a red "Member's Only" jacket that kind of, sort of looked like his trademark "Thriller" jacket. When I was 11, my family got cable and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I could watch the Thriller video on MTV over, and over, and over again (they played it for days on a loop) and I could learn the "infamous" dance. I think that's why Marcella and I "jive" so well -- we both know beyond a shadow of a doubt that dancing is a form of communication. Feeling down? Dance! Feel over the moon excited? Dance! Need to improve your work mojo? DaNcE! Want to make your kids turn a special shade of embarrassed red? DANCE! Another fun fact? The Thriller album that I listened to from dawn to dusk as a teen is now on a shelf in my teenage son's bedroom. He thought it was pretty darn cool. Score one in the "Cool Mom" column!

These wonderfully dynamic women all have different "sides" to their lives! See what makes their creativity click! Learn a little more as you hop on over and see.....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Tomorrow, we get one step closer to the big sneaks with a peek into Marcella's sketch books. What inspired her first Power Poppy release? She'll share with all of YOU!
~Julie
Pin It

8 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

LOL Now you know sis.... that you WILL be dancing next visit, right? bawahahha.. I have to see your "moves" You are a cool mom and they know it! Girl it has been fabulous to meet my sis from afar and not that far really just a few short hours. :-) God has been good and I thank him for you! Hugs in this adventure girlie... and what a wild ride. ;-)

ChristineCreations said...

Oh girlfriend, this makes me laugh. I think a lot of little E’s fun personality comes from her mama :)

I think you should show us this dance sometime too. I bet you can still do it!

Thank you for always persevering, for your laughter and light heartedness, for your hard work and true friendship and prayers. You are rare Julie. I’m blessed to know you.

Kathy Jones said...

Oh My Goodness, this made me laugh!! Particularly the 'special shade of embarrassed red'!!! Bwahahaha!!! I sooooooo want to see some of those 'moves' when we meet one day, perhaps you can teach us all!!! :) You are an amazing lady and wonderful friend, I'm so happy to be alongside you during this journey!

dpkennedy said...

You dancin' queen you! Ha! I loved that story!
I am so happy to be working with you again...I feel like I am back with my family :)

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE Thriller and I think we all need to see a video of you dancing it while your kids turn that special shade of red! Too funny! Hey, Julie, we're going to have us some fun, aren't we? I think so!

Katie Sims said...

I believe that is "Dancing Princess" if I remember correctly....hee hee! What a fun story and you tell it with such heart...I bet you sung and danced your little heart out! I remember those days very well...I had the Thriller album too! ;) Julie, I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to work with all of you. Your sweet support and guidance has meant so much. I am so excited to see where this takes us...but wherever we end up, I know we will have a blast getting there! Big hugs, Montanie! ;)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I already knew you were "pretty darn cool", and this just proves it. I will expect to see your "thriller moves" the next time we see each other. Oh yeah...it's going to happen. I might even share my uber cool moonwalk too. Girl, you already know how much I love ya and how blessed I feel to have been able to hang out with you in YS. And then there's your super awesome kids, and charming hubs...what a family! I'm so honored to be able to continue to work with you!! (MONDO HUGS)

Dawn B. said...

MJ was definitely my era...but I could never dance. I so wish I could but have 2 left feet. I loved to dance with my girls when they were little and can imagine you doing just that. Those days go so quickly. You are the most positive and generous person and I love your big ole heart. Hugs and much love.