Monday, April 28, 2014

A little PageMaps Fun!


Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've done a PageMaps Monday to kick off some creativity in your week and -- well -- my feet are back under me now and I am going to start this back up again. How does it work? Easy! I just head on over to the PageMaps.com site, click on CardMaps and then -- have at it! There are HUNDREDS of sketches there to inspire!

So, I picked one from the April CardMaps selection this time and here's a peek at the sketch!


And here's a peek at my card! I have been playing around lately with using decorative papers as a base for my main image. I thought if I stamped this beautiful floral from Power Poppy's Azalea set on pink decorative paper, I could accent with some splashes of white. Originally, I was going to have it all shades of white. Well, after I pulled down the Prismacolor Pencils, I couldn't just stop with white! I added a splash of rose and lime too. And, why stop there? Grab the Molotow White Paint Pen and dot on some accents too! Underneath my image I used R81, R83 and RV00 Copic Markers to add some shading. The sentiment is also from the set and I just added it thanks to a 1-1/4" circle punch and some foam tape. I also accented the word "Always" thanks to the R81 marker. Add some bling and a fun Spellbinders border die called A2 Scalloped Borders Two.  The paper is Alphabet Junction by Carta Bella.

And that, my friends, is it! Want a source of inspiration when you hit your craft room? Grab a cuppa joe and head on over to PageMaps! Within minutes, you'll have sketch ideas and your brain will be swirling with ways to bring them to life! Have a fabulous Monday!

~Julie


Pin It

4 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Wow - the allover pink tones are so beautiful!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl...this is out of this world GORGEOUS!! LOVE the technique you used to color these azaleas, and the sketch is just fabulous with the sweet little scalloped edge!! Amazing!

Allison Cope said...

Oh wow... this is stunning Julie! I love the edges and you fine white details in your flowers!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Absolutely stunning Julie! I love the layout sketch, your take is so beautiful!