Friday, April 4, 2014

Free For All Friday!

Hello all! How's life in your neck of the woods? I hope really grand. I was busy working today (I work from home and am kind of my own boss) and got literally stuck in my work. Well, instead of trudging through, I decided to play hookie and ..... CREATE! Isn't that a fabulous idea??? ;-) I say yes!

It's been forever since I've been able to play along in a Splitcoaststamper's Challenge -- so with my decision to skip out on work for a bit, I went over there was a fun challenge calling my name! This week the Free 4 All challenge is to use a layer on top of another layer of the same color. So... here goes my creation!

I just love the look of white on white and especially when the second layer is full of texture. So.... that's why I picked up this Stampin' Up embossing folder called Arrows.


This card literally took nothing to create -- I had the mini Azaleas colored already and so, I merely cut them out, added some glitter glue for a little razzle dazzle and then assembled them in layers (using foam tape on the top flower) to give it some extra pop. The Copic Markers I used were R0000, R01, R30, R32 and R35. The leaves were G20, G40, G43 and G46. The stamps are from Power Poppy's Azalea set and the sentiment is from the Good Thinking: Renewal set -- also from Power Poppy. I added the sentiment on a patterned paper die cut (paper is from Bo Bunny) and almost done! I added some Sea Moss Seam Binding Ribbon (from Hug Snug) and added a little bling thanks to Queen and Co.

And... here's a close up!



And that, my friends is it! Want to check out the challenge for yourself? Just click HERE for the F4A215 Challenge!

~Julie


Pin It

11 comments:

Ann said...

I made a "coffee break" card today at work with a pre-printed image. I have emergency card supplies at work!

Angela said...

Julie, your card is so vibrant and totally springy pretty! Just the combo of gingham and the azaleas is one thing and then you add bg and the beautiful bow to top it all off!

Jerri Jimenez said...

It's a very beautiful card Julie, so glad I popped over from SCS to get a closer and more vivid view. I can't wait to watercolor these azaleas! So happy for all of you with the new company and can't wait to see Marcy's monthly sets!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful, Julie! I love that embossing folder pattern. :)

Julie Koerber said...

I love that Ann! Way to have emergency supplies! :-)

Sue from Oregon said...

Gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is great, Julie! Just three little sprigs gave you a whole lot of pretty azaleas for your card. So springy and fresh with the gingham and white. Love how you arranged the flowers along the edge of the die. Love the colors, too, and that cute little bow!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This card feels like fresh sheets all crisp and lovely

Sewflake said...

Country elegance to the max!! Love the color of the azaleas, it really makes the green paper shine with great texture with the embossing!!

Janine said...

Hey Julie! How are you? Hope all is well with you and your family! And with your Mom!
I haven't been in blog land for a long time... Try to post when I can.
All is great here. Another wedding coming up in 2015..
Kids are all good..
Take care!!

Katie Sims said...

I love white on white too, but gingham just gives me palpitations....lol! Pair gingham with those gorgeous azaleas that you colored to perfection and now I need a faintin' couch so I can fan myself....lol! This is beautiful, Julie.....well worth a little work hookie! :)