Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How Beautiful A Day....


Hello all and welcome to day three of Power Poppy's Instant Garden release -- a release that's all digital -- meaning you can download, print and use to create -- right away! Isn't that the most fun ever? Today's dose of flower power is about the fanciful, fluffy and irresistible Peonies! You can get this beauty RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW! :-)

On to my creation!


I printed my image off on white card stock and then, grabbed my Copic Markers and used G40, G43, G20, G46, R81, R83, R85, R0000, RV01, and used BV000 and BV0000 to shade around my flower. I used the Spellbinders Blossom die and while my die was still on the paper, I sponged on some Ranger Spun Sugar Distress Ink. The decorative paper is from BasicGrey and Ruby Rock-It. I got the white ribbon from Michael's and added a little rhinestone button. The panel on the front of my card was matted and run through my Grand Calibur with a Stampin' Up embossing folder -- just for a wee bit of texture. 

Here's a close up.... 

And here's a peek at the sentiment that goes with this set that I printed off on some BasicGrey paper. Isn't that a beautiful sentie? I love how fresh and pretty this one is!



And that, my friends is it! One more fun note, during the month of May, the Bloom Brigade will not only be sharing ideas on how to use these digital beauties, but we'll also give those who purchase them extra ways to win some Power Poppy goodies! The fun will happen each Friday in May! Can't wait!

I should point out -- Marcella Hawley shared some fun tidbits today over on the Power Poppy blog. I happen to know that peonies are one of Marcella's faves when it comes to flowers  -- so hop on my the Power Poppy Blog and see some of her fabulous inspiration for this digi set! 

Want to see what fanciful beauty the Bloom Brigade whipped up using this new digi? Hop on over and see...


Coming up tomorrow, one last addition to our Power Poppy Instant Garden! This one will have you tip toeing through all kinds of creativity! 

See you back here tomorrow!
~Julie


Pin It

12 comments:

Liz Williams said...

What absolutely lovely May surprises the Bloom Brigade has supplied us with this month!Julie, this pink is just awesome.

Allison Cope said...

Goodness me Julie... you have the best back grounds! I LOVE all the gorgeous texture, frilly details and your peonies are so deeply detailed in colour - love the whole thing!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a beautiful shade for your peonies! And I love the texture you added with the embossed background and the beautiful papers! Just a bit of ribbon, button, and twine, and what a gorgeous card! Thanks for another beautiful inspiration, sweet friend! Can't wait to play! Hugs!

dpkennedy said...

Your coloring is AMAZING! This is one gorgeous card!

ChristineCreations said...

Perfectly pink peonies :) The shades on these blooms are gorgeous Julie. I love that die with this set too...it matches beautifully!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow! These are SUCH a pretty color, Julie! And they match up so beautifully with the colors in your card design. Positively stunning!

Dawn B. said...

I am love with your sponging around the flowers. It looks so soft and pretty. This is really beautiful Julie. I am digging all that pink.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Julie! Your coloring is outstanding and I like the flower shape for the frame. Just beautiful!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Stunning!!!!! I love this layout, what a beautiful background for this gorgeous image. I was wondering Julie, if you could possibly tell me what kind of paper you used to print this image, please. Did you use just plain white card stock or maybe some specialty paper like Neenah Solar White or Stamping Up Whisper White. I love this images from Power Poppy and I would like to print them out but I want to use the right paper, I hope you can give me some suggestions.
Thank you in advance.

Karen W said...

Gorgeous card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So pretty in pink! As always, your coloring is exquisite! But I love all the little extras too...like the fabric bg and ribbon and texture..Gorgeous!

Jerri Jimenez said...

A very beautiful card Julie, so soft and pretty. I love these peonies!