Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pick some Gerbera Daisies!


Hi all! It's time for the first day of the Power Poppy release and guess what? If you like the image today, you can get it immediately! How is that? Well, Marcella decided to illustrate a completely digital release -- meaning all you have to do is purchase the image and it is ready for download in minutes! Simply print, color and fashion into a whole lot of homemade gorgeousness! This image featuring a trio of beautiful Gerbera Daisies even comes with a beautiful and heartfelt sentiment perfect for those one-of-a-kind friends! And, like I said, you can get it RIGHT NOW --- RIGHT HERE! ;-)

On to my creation! I decided to take a trip back to some of the older Scor-Pal card tutorials on their site and had fun with THIS one called Cami Tri-Fold. I didn't follow the directions exactly -- but followed the basic idea. 

Here's a peek at my finished card!

I started with a 12" by 12" piece of C'oredinations Card Stock that I cut to measure 12" by 5-1/2" and scored twice - once at 4-1/4" and once at 8-1/2".  Once I folded the three sections, I ended up with one portion that was only 3-1/2" wide. And, just like the tutorial, It made a great spot for a window!

So, I took my Long Rectangle Spellbinders Die (retired), and set it where I wanted it on the front my card. 


I wanted a mat on the front of my card, so I took some My Mind's Eye Collectibles Paper and created a 4" by 5-1/4" mat. You can see it above on the back side through my window. I thought setting the die back down in this hole would help me easily cut that window out of my mat. Like I'm showing below...


I made a second mat and again cut out the window. Before I attached it, I did add some paper piercing for a little extra pop....


Now, I am ready for the inside. I created a blue polka dot mat and then, matted up my main image with a dark blue polka dot and set it in the inner portion of my inside fold so that it would peek out through the window in just the right way. After printing my daisies, I colored them up with Copic markers and used G20, G40, G43, G46, Y21, Y23, Y35, Y38, BG0000, BG000, BG10, and BG11. I also accented the centers of my daisies with a Molotow White Paint Pen.  Here's a close up!


And here's what the entire center panel looks like..

You might wonder about the buttons. Well, those were strategically placed so that the front window panel could be secured underneath the scalloped circle. I used a really large glue dot to make sure they stayed put! ;-)

And, here's a peek at the center panel. I printed off the sentiment onto some yellow decorative paper and matted it on the inside. I haven't decided if I am done with this card yet. I might add a white panel to the right so that I have more space to write. Not sure! I am going to set this one aside and keep it for just the right occasion!

And here's one last look at the finished and folded card!

Want to try this project yourself? Just follow the link to the Scor-Pal tutorial and remember, you can get this image RIGHT HERE as we speak -- what fun! I should mention, this digi will only be available for a limited time. And, if you purchase it, you should know that Power Poppy will have a month of fun designed around all of these new images with challenges designed to help you win more Power Poppy goodness! 

Want to see what kind of creativity is popping up with the rest of the Bloom Brigade? You'll have to stop on over and see.....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Like I mentioned yesterday, this release is all about the April Showers that are sure to bring up May Flowers and tomorrow is no exception! Get ready for a blossom that stands for faith and strength of character -- it's also drop dead gorgeous! See you back here tomorrow!

~Julie

Pin It

8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you were holding out! I didn't see this one before. I love Cami's tri-fold and you made it up so cute with these flowers! Awesome idea, Julie! Really love those cute buttons on the scalloped circles, too. You're just full of great ideas!

Dawn B. said...

I love this tutorial. I have not done one of these in a very long time. Those buttons are perfect. Great job Julie.

Liz Williams said...

Beautiful daisies, and thanks for the tutorial and the peek!

dpkennedy said...

This is so beautiful Julie! I love the card fold and the way you colored your daisies! Lovely!

Katie Sims said...

OH my...how in the world?! Well, I know how in the world...you just showed us in your beautiful photo tutorial, didn't you? LOL! Your card is beautiful and I LOVE how you colored your daisies! :)

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Ms Julie - I just LOVE this!!! Firstly, I love white daisies combined with blue - Beautiful!!! Secondly - how fabby is that design and button embellies!!! Totally Gorgeous card girlie!!

ChristineCreations said...

I love the idea of the tri fold for this card - such a pretty surprise inside and out! And the yellows and blues together are gorgeous!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the fold and framing you created to showcase your sweetly colored Gerberas!! LOVE all the white with a hint of yellow in the petals...Stunning!