Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The BIG day is HERE!



The big day is here -- IT'S HERE! Finally, the Power Poppy stamp sets that we have been showing off are available for YOU! Just click HERE to see for yourself!

But first, The Bloom Brigade has a little bit of eye candy to show off on this big day and we're calling it the Power Poppy Hop! Grab a cuppa coffee and get ready for some fun as the team shows off a little bit more of their creative artistry! 

My sketch is actually a part of the April edition of PageMaps.com's  CardMaps! There are nearly a dozen new sketches to inspire you HERE!  Here's a peek at my sketch...


And, here's my creation!


I started by stamping my image onto white card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. From there, I picked up my Copic markers and used R81, R83, R83, RV0000. For the leaves, I used G40, G43, G46 and G20. The stems were colored with E33, E37 and E47. The shading around the flower was BG0000. I cut my image out and then mounted it on a die cut circle that I had stamped the beautiful sentiment from the Azaleas set. I die cut some white card stock using Spellbinders Labels Seventeen and while the die was still on, I did sponge on some Spun Sugar Distress Ink. From there, I layered it all up using foam tape. The rest is just matting it up -- the pink decorative paper panel does have a wee bit of paper piercing. The paper is a mix of Carta Bella and Echo Park. 


Here's a close up!  


And that, my friends is it! I just love those Azaleas in such soft pinks! I wish I had those kinds of flowers in my neck of the woods! 

Like I said, all of the Power Poppy greatness is ripe for the picking over at the Power Poppy Shop! Want a peek at these four sets in all their glory? There's Azaleas, Good Thinking: Renewal, Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1, and Springtime Love! They can ALL be found HERE! 


And while you're hopping -- you can find more beautiful inspiration with the ladies of the Bloom Brigade below!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Dina Kowal
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for stopping by! 
~Julie


Pin It

19 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Stunning Julie! I love your use of the sketch! Everything about this card speaks Spring! Can wait to actually witness it :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow that is one beautiful card. So lovely.

Sewflake said...

Another beautiful creation! Love how you slightly distress the edges of your Spellbinder cuts! It softens the look of the papers and adds eye appeal, but then with this image you don't need much added eye appeal!

dpkennedy said...

Wow! I think YOU'RE amazing! This is so beautiful! I love the branch on the printed die cut!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, I love the sketch, and it's so fabulous with the gorgeous azaleas! Super coloring, Julie. LOVE this!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!! Your coloring of this image, paired with that beautiful dp, is so soft and elegant. It just keeps drawing my eyes back to it. Wow!! Oh, and did I mention I think this card is Gorgeous? ;)

Stacy Morgan said...

Thud... Now that is GORGEOUS! Holy smokes girl... Your coloring rocks, the layout is perfect for the flowers. Just gorgeous.

Candida said...

Wow! What a BEAUTIFUL card! Your coloring is gorgeous, Juli... and this color combination is so feminine... Loved it!

Becky said...

wow..This is gorgeous! Beautiful colors and beautiful coloring.

Denise Goeldner said...

Wow, Wow & Wow I absolutely love it , the flowers are coloured so well, outstanding hugs xx

Kathy Jones said...

THUD!! Oh.MY.GOSH. Julie, this is one of the most GORGEOUS cards EVER! Love the soft colour palette and your colouring is DIVINE!! Love how you've used the sketch and you know what - this sentiment is perfect....I think you are so amazing!! HUGS!

Liz Williams said...

Thanks for this beautiful sample and love this layout. I purchased this beautiful stamp yesterday and can't wait to get it it. Hope I can reproduce beauties like this one.

Queen Mary said...

Julie, love your card, love the sketch, love the tea cup of buttercups!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Julie! Love these new stamps!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

*THUD! This is a BEAUTY, my friend! The colors, papers, layers...all just perfection! You did that sketch PROUD, and your coloring is really, really beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

You out-did yourself on this one Julie! The sketch is gorgeous, and you really made it come alive with the azaleas. Beautifully coloured, and fantastic paper choices too!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the cut azaleas. What a pretty soft card.

Katie Sims said...

Mercy, Julie...this is GORGEOUS! First of all, your coloring is amazing...yes ma'am it is! Then, you go and add the most perfect papers to show off your amazing copic work....a show stopper for sure! :)

Jerri Jimenez said...

Absolutely stunning Julie!