Monday, April 28, 2014

Time to Remember....


Hello all and welcome to day two of the Power Poppy Release! Today's dose of flower power is all about strength, faith and remembrance -- that's what the Gladioli flower stands for! I absolutely love the range of colors this flower comes in and, if I must say, Marcella drew it up in such a beautiful way. Don't you think?  I should mention, if you like what you see when you make the rounds to the blogs of the Bloom Brigade, you can get this beautiful image RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW! How? It's a digital release, meaning instant gratification for YOU! Just purchase, download to your computer, print, color and make into a beautiful card or creation! 

On to my creation! I have to say that for my card, I was definitely influenced by THIS card created by my fellow "Bloomer" Christine Okken. I loved the sketch she used from Deconstructing Jen and so... I followed her link and tried THIS sketch too! 


I used scraps from my pattern paper bin, so I wish I could tell you what these papers are -- I need to do a better job of keeping track! After printing my image, I used an oval and scalloped oval die from Spellbinders -- Classic Oval LG and Scalloped Classic Oval LG. While my oval die was still on my white paper, I did use the die as a guide for some paper piercing. I then colored my image up with my Copic markers. I used R30, R32, R34, R14, R0000, G20, G40, G43, G46, BG0000, BG000, and BG10. The centers of the flowers were just a touch of YG21 and then some glitter glue. 

I wanted the inside of my card to be special too so I printed off the sentiment on some decorative paper and before I printed, I also added some of the gladioli and took down the opacity so that it was about 35% of the image and would show up a bit as a decorative accent around my sentiment. I did this in Photoshop Elements. I added some paper piercing and... ta da... the inside of my card! 

And that, my friends is it! I forgot to mention -- the ribbon is Melon Hug Snug and the little splash of bling is from Queen & Co. Just that simple! :-) Again, if you want to have some fun coloring up this beauty of an image, you can do it  RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW -- with this oh-so-special digi release! :-)

One more fun note, during the month of May, the Bloom Brigade will not only be sharing ideas on how to use these digital beauties, but we'll also give those who purchase them extra ways to win some Power Poppy goodies! The fun will happen each Friday in May!

Well, I've done enough chatting -- time to head on over and see what kind of Gladioli goodness the rest of the Bloom Brigade crafted!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker
Coming up tomorrow, another flower takes center stage and this one has a flair of fullness and romance. It's a breath of spring that you can add to a card any time of the year! You'll have to come on back and see what Power Poppy has in store!

See you then!
~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I didn't know that about gladiolas, just that I love them! And your colors and coloring are exquisite! I love all the beautiful details of your card and even the beautiful inside! What a fabulous new set! Hugs, sweet friend!

Liz Williams said...

I think gladioli are the flower for my birthday month. Love these oranges on these. Looking forward to the challenges.

Deborah Anton said...

Beautiful colors Julie! Love your coloring and layout.

ChristineCreations said...

Julie I think you ou tdid yourself on this one, the colouring and the tones are amazing. I love the inside too - you are so great at photoshop creativity!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a gorgeous coral color Julie!! Love it paired with the green and your sweet little ribbon and flag!! WOW!

Linda Carson said...

Oh so gorgeous Julie! Love your color combo and design!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely Spectacular Ms Julie!! Your colouring is stunning, love the pierced edge and yummy ribbon! Also love the way you did the inside of your card - fantastic way to use these digi stamps!!!

Allison Cope said...

Amazing card.... I just love the rich colours of this one - one of my favs of all your creations lately!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, Christine's azalea cards were gorgeous, and this sketch looks just as amazing with these awesome glads! I love all the warmth and garden goodness of this. So beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I adore the springy feel of this. Great layout to boot!