Friday, September 5, 2014

Dose of Friday Fun!

Hello all and happy Friday! Gosh, what a fast week this was - so glad the weekend is here! I have a little Power Poppy goodness to share, so let's get on with the show!



I have to say, posting this card I feel a bit like a pheonix rising from the ashes. Don't laugh. I am sure you've all been there at one point or another! ;-) So, you stamp the card, and then that mysterious ink that was on your finger decides to make it's appearance on your card. And then, when you are adding your little doo-dads and decided to use glue but the glue is stopped up, so you squeeze harder (you think you're doing this away from your card) and it explodes leaving splatter all over your card front? Yup, that happened too. Long story short, this creation is a survivor! ;-) 

I stamped Power Poppy's Azalea using Memento Espresso Truffle and colored it up with Copics using R01, R21, RV21, RV23, BG0000, G20, G21, G24. When I was done coloring, I did add a little glow around my image with some pink chalk and a bit of razzle dazzle with some glitter glue. My decorative paper was all from my scrap stash. I literally just dug in and grabbed bits and pieces to come up with this combo.  I should mention, the sentiment is from the new Sunny Harvest set! I added some Teresa Collins enamel dots and a few sequins and... ta da! Fini! 

Want to see what some of my ever-so-talented stampin' sisters from the Bloom Brigade have been up to? Hop on over and see.....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

One quick note, if you have Power Poppy stamps and create this next week, don't forget to link up your creation HERE and let the team see what you've got! You could win a free stamp set and be honored with a Power Poppy Peep of the Week title! :-) Thanks for popping by my place! Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you back here soon!
~Julie


Pin It

12 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Well my dear - you wouldn’t know it’s done battle to look at it :) It’s really a great design and I love the little elements of the sketch to accent. Beauty!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

LOVELY!! I love the coral colored azaleas with your corally background! Beautiful!! And your sketch is just so charming! And believe me...I do battle on a regular basis because I'm super clutzy!! I usually have to start over. You would never know all the trials you went through on this one my friend!! You, are amazing!!

Lyn said...

Well for the mishaps that took place you ended up with the most beautiful card <3

Carol Held said...

Hi there Julie....your card is adorably sweet! Thanks for your sweet Blog, and kindness...Not forgotten!

Becca Cruger said...

I adore your ability to mix and match prints. That's such a talent, and not everyone can pull it off. I'm glad this card survived all the mishaps, because it's beautiful.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Julie! Your coloring is awesome. Papers are charming to boot! Beautiful.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I agree with Christine...you would never know you struggled with this "puppy!" I love it, and I love the colors you chose!! The flowers are such a beautiful shade, and I love the DP you've used as well!! The enamel dots and sequins are lovely finishing touches with the border and fishtails. It's a stunner for me!! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I love seeing this gorgeous vase of azaleas again! Love your mixed up match of papers and the (always) fabulous card design with the little flags. Flags are always so cute!

Leslie Miller said...

ps: I meant to add I can so relate to your adventures in stamping. Sheesh!

Holly said...

LOL Your survivor is beautiful!! I love the rich colors of papers you've used with this wonderfully colored bouquet. And yes, I know I've certainly had moments like you went through. LOL!

Allison Cope said...

Lovin' all the polka dots Julie! Love that vivid orange colour too! Simply a beautiful card creation this week.

Kim said...

I had to laugh a bit at your struggle with your card. It's not that it's funny for you, I know it is very frustrating. I guess I laugh because it is nice to know that I'm not the only one that struggles with things like that. Our cards do turn out to be survivors. I love the peachy looking color that you did the azaleas in and also the glow around them. Very pretty Julie!!

Thank you also for the nice words about my first card I have entered. :>)