Friday, April 24, 2015

Did someone say... FRIDAY?

Hello all and hApPy.... FrIdAy!!!! It is supposed to be really nice in  my neck of the woods and so, rest assured, I will be out enjoying SPRING! Hope you will too!

Speaking of spring, I had to feel the season in my craft room! That's why it was super easy to reach for Power Poppy's Potted Primroses. On to my creation for this, Power Poppy Friday!



I picked some patterned paper from my scrap bin, made some scrappy pennants, added a little doily and then, colored up the main image from the set and one of the sentiments that I had cut out thanks to my Silhouette Cameo. I wish I could tell you the colors that I used but honestly, I had all my pinks and greens sprawled out on my desk and just did a grab and go coloring session! I can guess that I used RV52, and RV55 in there! For greens, I normally reach for G20, G21, G24 and G28. The yellows are likely Y21, Y23, Y35 and a little YG00 and YG03 for good measure! 

Here's a close up! You can see I added a wee bit of razzle dazzle to the centers with some glitter glue!


And that, my friends, is it! Oh, and before I forget.... have you played along in Power Poppy's Power & Spark Challenge??? All you need to do is add a POP of PASTEL to your card or creation and you could win a Power Poppy stamp set of choice! What FUN! (Click on the Pop of Pastel link to find out more!)

Before I go, a few of the other Bloomies are sharing some of their creations this Friday as well. If you're looking for weekend inspiration, I guarantee you'll find it on this hop!

Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Thanks for stopping by and saying "hi!" I hope you have the bestest of weekends and I will see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

So springy and fresh. Super cute papers and springy touch to them. I do like that you popped up the flowers. Fabulous spring time card Julie.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, so beautiful, Julie! I just love the DP you've used with this and great layout! And your coloring is exquisite! Just love how you've popped these primroses too! I've done that...sprawled all the Copic markers out and sometimes dab a bit of this and that and forget exactly what I've done. In the end, what a stunning card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Cheryl W. said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring, along with the pretty papers and the sweet doily.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Julie, this is SWEET! Just look at all that yummy color! I do a lot of that grab and go stuff and then try to gather it up in the end. I tell you, your pinks are precious! Love those colorful flags, too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Stunning, gorgeous card, it totally shouts SPRING!!! loud and clear. This beautiful set is on my wish list, I just have to wait a little to get it, you know? I must adhere to my craft budget, LOL!! Just a few days more.....C'mon May, get here already!!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Julie! I love how you highlighted the primrose petals, and your decorative papers just add to the charm! Love the sweet little flags!

ChristineCreations said...

WOW that paper is just fabulous! This is so cheerfully spring Julie!