Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sneaky Peeks Day 2: Spice It Up!

Hello all and welcome to day 2 of the Power Poppy Happiest of Holidays Collection Sneaky Peaks! Today's set is one that, if you look at it long enough, you'll be smelling the scents of citrus and clove. I remember as a teen going over to a friend's house and learning how to make these sweet smelling goodies! So, without further ado, take a gander at......

This set called Spice It Up features clove-speckled orange pomanders, star anise and cinnamon, mistletoe, berries, and pinecones -- as Marcella said after she drew this one -- it's beginning to smell like Christmas!

On to my creation! When I looked at this cluster, I knew that I wanted to shake it up a bit and show folks how you don't need to make these festive globes oranges, you can make them look like glittered ornaments too! See?


After stamping my image, I grabbed just about every Copic marker in the BG color family that I own to color up each ornament just a wee bit differently. After I got the ornaments colored, I knew I wanted to keep it pretty monochromatic. I added the berries for just a pop of color and I am glad I did. The ribbon, I wanted to look like silver, so I colored them all up with a Sakura Stardust Gel Pel. I also used the pen to add dots of glitter to the cloves, opting instead for the glittered look! See?


From here, the rest is just matting it all up! I used a few Spellbinders Labels dies, some sheer ribbon, a bit of bling and I used a Stampin' Up snowflake embossing folder to add a little texture that I later sanded down to reveal the paper's white core. And that, my friends, is it!

Now it's time to take a trip through the rest of Power Poppy Land to see how the Bloom Brigade used this sweet-smelling and spicy set!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker
Power Poppy Blog>>> see more of the inspiration behind this set from Marcella!


Thank you so much for stopping by! Tomorrow's set is has a air of festivity that just loves to "hang out!" Yes, that's your clue. See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It
Post a Comment