Friday, May 16, 2008

Gina K. Sneak Peak!

OK -- T minus three days until FIVE brand new stamp sets and FOUR single stamps from Gina K. Designs will be unveiled! This release rocks. There is literally something for everyone! I can't say too much you know - you just need to block off some time to stop by the release party on Splitcoast on Tuesday... stay tuned... details later in this post!

My sneak peek is of a new set called Many Happy Re-turns by Rupa Shevde. Wait until you see the other images in this set -FUN!

I really thought about all the elements in this card - from the typed style decorative paper to the screw brads (Gina K. Bling) to the coffee stained paper to the black satin ribbon that reminded me of typewriter ribbon. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to create my circle and then left the die on my paper to use as a mask as I sponged on some Distress Ink (Antique Linen). See how the rim of my circle is still ivory? The "paper" in my typewriter is also ivory. I actually colored this with a clear crayon before I sponged on my ink so that I would have a resist effect and leave my paper ivory colored. I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color my image. I wanted it to look old and worn and thought coloring it solid black might be too harsh. I like the way it turned out! I added some silver leaf to areas - knobs, labels etc. just to give it a metal feel in spots. I also outlined the left side and bottom of my typewriter with a light beige Tombow marker just to create a slight shadow.

The tag was created thanks to a Marvy punch and I stamped a portion of the saying - on the tag. The full saying is - " You're Just My Type!" but it wouldn't fit all on my tag! So, I only inked up a part of it. I think it works! I also antiqued the tag too.

Here's a close up!
This image actually brought back some memories for me! I was a journalism major in college and-- it's funny how all my professors would chat about their days at either the Detroit Free Press or Chicago Tribune working on these old typewriters - "There was no such thing as a computer!" - they would say! I, of course, have used a typewriter like this - just can't imagine using one under a deadline!

Hope you make time to join us for the preview party! It is always so much fun with challenges, games, giveaways, and more previews!! So mark your calendar for Tuesday - May 20th from 7 to 10 central time on Splitcoast in the Gina. K. Forum! Five new sets, four new single stamps and some of the most fun Bling! Check out Gina's Blog --She'll have daily sneak peaks!

Wanna see some of the other sneak peaks? Check out these ladies!



Until tomorrow!

Post a Comment