Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthay Mitra!

For those of you that are fans of Impression Obsession - you know Mitra Friant is the mover and shaker of the company. She started it 10 years ago and is a real on-the-go kinda woman! Well, today is her BIRTHDAY! Mitra -- I hope it's the best girl! You rock and so do your stamps!



In honor of her special day, I made Mitra a birthday card with one of my favorite IO stamps. It's called Build-A-Tree. I've been wanting to do a scalloped circle card for a while now, so - out came the Nestabilities! This card was made by folding a piece of purple pearl paper and leaving just a smidge of the fold outside the die. The result is a 4 by 4 circular card! I stamped a couple of the tree branches across my mat and added some flowers (stamped with Violet Mist Vivid ink) and leaves (Olive Vivid Ink) and then added the sentiment in a scalloped circle - I penciled in where the branch should be in order to create an even line from my mat on both sides. Then, I went to town adding flowers, leaves, and who could forget - the birdie! I punched two holes at the top fold of my card and strung some sheer purple ribbon through! VIOLA! Done!

Check out what some of the other IO girls did!!

Tina
Daniela

Deborah
Penny
Laura



Hope you are all having a fabulous day! If you get a chance, go check out the new images at IO - they were just added yesterday! Click HERE for the clear stamps, and HERE for the new rubber! Lots of fun stuff!!

Tomorrow brings another Stamp Simply challenge-- and, of course, it's another fun one! Let's just say, you'll be seeing more than double!! :-)

Until tomorrow!


Edited to add: I forgot to include the source for the sentiments! How could I forget? This is sooooo cool! You can find the main circle "A little birdie." HERE. And check out all the cool things you can add to the center! I used It's Your Birthday. But, other sayings are - You're having a baby, You're getting married, You got a promotion, You have a new nest, You need a little cheering up. The fun thing about IO is that you can get these either wood mounted or cling. Cling is 40% off wood mounted prices! OK! I'll stop enabling now!! (Thanks Nancy for reminding me that I forgot to include these stamps! Guess I shouldn't post before I go to bed!!)


If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." ~
Jack Kornfield

22 comments:

Penny said...

Oh this is so pretty! Lovely delicate colours and such a beautiful shape!

Anonymous said...

Julie what a wonderfully unique and beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

holy catnip, this is beautiful julie!

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning Julie! Love the shape,the nestas,the stamps,
heck it's all good!!! She will enjoy this card I'm sure!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Scrapping Donna said...

Very nice!

Kim said...

This is sooo beautiful and soft! Looks like there are some awesome new stamps from IO! Off to shop I go! lol

Laura said...

cute, cute card, Julie! You always do the best cards with that build a tree set.

Laura Davis said...

Julie this crd is my best!!! I love circle cards:)
I hope she had a wonderful B-day!
Laura

The Rubber Maid said...

Great card, never tried a circle card but it is adorable. Mom

Deborah March said...

Oooohhh, delightful card! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mitra!!

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is a great card! What stamp set did you use for the circle words?

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, this is stunning. love how you used the stamps. Just awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love this! It's so original and I am inspired to make a circular card now! :)

Barbara Schram said...

Fantastic, Julie! Love the card shape! And now I have to go and check this stamp co. out. Oh my, I might be in trouble! (again)

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Your blog is so pretty - I just found it and already I'm hooked! Your card designs are beautiful - perfect eye candy for my afternoon!

Denise

Kim said...

Julie, I hope you don't mind, but I cased this card? I linked you on my blog post so people would know it was your card. :) By the way, your card is much nicer!! LOL So soft and delicate looking....

Mescrap said...

Love this circle card !

Becca said...

The colours are so pretty and the card is gorgeous.

Bela

Jennifer Buck said...

...this is just beautiful! I love it! I will have to go and check this out...your card is adorable! TFS...hope you are having a wonderful night! Take care! :)

Lastel said...

Beautiful !!!

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful card! The best circle card I've seen!