Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you have a relaxing and wonderful day!

Here's a bunch of flowers created and "grown" especially for you! To make this card, I stamped in permanent black ink (Versafine Black Onyx), heat set and then colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blending with Gamsol - odorless mineral spirits. I love this technique and have been doing it since I started stamping AGES ago! If you ever want to see some of my other work, click HERE.This was my site before I entered blog land! It's pretty archaic but I keep it up for a good gallery of old cards. Anyway, this technique of layering colors and blending with mineral spirits creates a really vibrant look.

I wish I knew what image this was! I got this in an image swap from Princess Jacki!! She sent me a box FULL of images. Man, I'll be coloring those for-EVER! I love to color so it really was the sweetest gift! So Princess or anyone else who knows---if you know who made this geranium stamp - let me know!

The background stamp is called Pretty Pattern from Cornish Heritage Farms. LOVE their backgrounders -- don't you? I'm proud that this company calls Montana home. It's nice to have such a cool company in your home state!! In addition to creating the background, I also stamped the circle tag with it using distress ink (Tea Dye). The sentiment is called Mini Messages from Impression Obsession and is a part of their new summer line! Look for them in stores now! Mitra tells me they should be on the IO website soon! Other deets about this card? Chalked around the image before I colored, used a corner rounder on the edges, used a 1" circle punch for the tag and then strung some hemp cord (Stampin' Up) through to attach the tag. Done!

Here's a close up so you can see how vibrant this color is!
Before I go... I want to brag a bit about my daughter!! We have an event called the Women's Run each year and the money raised goes to help in areas of women's health i.e. free mammograms and exams etc. Well, my 4-year-old decided she wanted to "run the race." So we signed up for the 2-mile and I thought I would be carrying her before long. But I said, she said she wanted to! So.... here's us race morning (7:30 is early for me!)

And here is her IN the race. She RAN THE WHOLE WAY! And, she finished in under 28 minutes. What? That's crazy with those little legs! Here she is in action! That's her Aunt Teri with her guiding her through the crowd!
And here she is at the finish line still wearing her "game face!" She actually yelled at the end - "You gotta want it!!!" I cracked up!! Seriously! Needless to say, I'm terribly proud!! She kept ME going!

Guess this is a start to a new tradition!

Until tomorrow.... HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Post a Comment