Monday, May 5, 2008

It's A HOOT!

Well, May is here and that means my design team work for Gina K. Designs is now in full swing! WOO--HOO! I just got my hands on the latest release and made time for PLAY TIME!

When I saw the Owl Always Love You Set, I immediately imagined a kind of tree house kind of card. The kind with a door that looked like boards just stuck together. Why? I have no idea! But when I hit my craft room this weekend, that's what my vision was!!!

So, here's the outside.... I used some of Gina's new "guy bling." Don't ya love it? Screw heads!


And, here's the inside.... I stamped the owl and the sentiment on a separate piece of paper. I colored and cut out the owl and glued him to my wood grain paper. The sentiment was attached with a bit a tape and one of the screw brads. This card will go to a couple that is just moving into our neighborhood. We've been friends for more than a decade, and now we'll be neighbors!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend and was able to get a little R & R. Have a fabulous day!


Stamps: Owl Always Love You, Gina K. Designs, Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Tea Dye Distress ink to distress paper edges on all layers. Staedtler watercolor pencils to color owl, Embellishments: screw brads, Gina K. Designs, natural colored hemp cord, Stampin' Up. Patterned paper- woodgrain (unknown).



Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't.
~
Richard Bach
Post a Comment