Sunday, November 30, 2008

Awards and... tag- I'm it!

Oh gosh... this Thanksgiving weekend made me thankful for you! My friends in blog land are so awesome! I got tagged twice and got a couple of awards too!! The first is from the super duper sweet Robin....

The award says... "This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships!These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

I am honored to be called charming and Lord knows, you can never have too many friends! So, thanks Robin!!! You rock! Ok, now I am giggling... Rockin' Robin... tweet, tweet, tweet! (Sorry, I couldn't resist! I am SURE she's heard that time and time again!!)

Then, today I got this award from the lovely and talented Tanya....
The coolest blog? Wow Tanya--- too sweet! Thank you both ladies! I am supposed to pick a number of people to dole these out to but that is always so hard for me! So, I am going to chicken out and just tell both of these ladies a BIG huge thank you! It's nice to know that talking and posting here in cyberspace is appreciated! It truly is! You all have no idea just how much fun it is for me when you stop by and say hi!

And, then my bud Kay tagged me and she gave me these categories and I had to put five things in each!
Things I Love: my God, my hubby, my kids, to sing, to dance
Things I Don’t Love: Heights, taking off in a plane, spiders, dirty floors (makes me clean like a nut), when work piles up!
Songs on my iPod: 4 seconds to save the world - Madonna and T-lake, Take 5 - Dave Bruebeck, Pick it Up - Lil Mama, Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera, New Shoes - Paolo Nutini
Favorite Food or Drink: Coffee, Pizza with fresh sauce!, Jamocha icecream, Enchiladas, did I say coffee????
And then..... one of my buds, Barb tagged me and wanted me to share 7 random things about myself! Hope you don't get bored reading up!!! :-)

1. I married the boy next door.
2. I have a Border Collie who is neuroitic named Maggie.
3. I spent much of my time growing up on a horse farm where I loved to ride hunter jumper.
4. I can't bake - the only thing I try is what comes in a box!
5. I have a thing for Corvettes - maybe because I grew up in the 'Motor City!' And also why I am refurbishing a '77 Corvette!
6. My family was on Trading Spaces family.
7. I'm afraid of heights.

Wowzers! I feel the love out there in blog land! Thanks for spending some time here! I'll be back soon with my blog candy winner and news of a HUGE celebration that will be a ton of fun to participate in!

6 comments:

Kim Ross said...

I've got to agree with the award givers, Julie... you DO rock! :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Julie, thanks for your nice comments! Sorry you got inundated with so many 'assignments' at the same time, but they were all well-deserved!

And yes, I was Rockin' Robin all through high school! Thanks for the giggle! Love your new Christmasy banner!

Elena said...

Thank you for sharing random facts about yourself!

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh! I love the fact that you were on Trading Spaces! I used to watch that all the time! What a riot! I was tagged too and had to share stuff about me and it was kind of fun! Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Julie -- Trading Spaces -- you redid someone's room and they redid yours? That's the show? Really -- how fun!!! How did the rooms turn out?????

Kay said...

SHUT UP - Trading Spaces? What new room did you get? Thanks for taking the time to answer the tag questions, you are in such demand - I'm honored! I'm sorry I'm just getting back to ya -- been crazy since Keaton's accident, just returned home this week after a month away. Need to call Merry Maid! Hugs!