Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blingz And Thingz!

ENABLER ALERT!

If you've seen me use Shimmerz here on my blog, well, watch out-- there's a whole new limited edition product line called Blingz that amps up the sparkle that you can apply to all your stamped creations! The range of sparkle in these little jars is off the charts. You might need sunglasses when you open the jar! LOL! I chose to dip into the new color Pink Poinsettia. And, I even had the perfect poinsettia stamp to use! (Poinsettia and Boxwood by Flourishes)

I started by stamping my image with Versamark and embossing it with gold detail embossing powder. After that - I let my paintbrush go to town! I painted the entire flower with Pink Poinsettia. While the flower was still wet, I added a touch of Pink Shimmerz on parts of the flower to add some shading. I love the way these paints blend, especially when they are still wet. It created the softest look with tons of bling! It's the perfect effect for holiday cards!

Here's a close up of the flower so you can see the shimmer of these new Blingz! The shimmer factor is amped and the sparkle seems to be more iridescent. It is just stunning!

Now when you look at the larger photo, you might have seen some shimmer on the mat. That was done by stamping my Damask backgrounder from Flourishes on my pink paper and then brushing some Pure Mica Powder over top in Luster Pearl. You just use as soft brush to apply and then wipe off the excess with a Swiffer Duster!

That's it for today my friends! If you want to check out some of the other creations and new colors of Bligz... click HERE!

13 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

OMGOSH, Julie!!! I love the poinsettia in pink and gold! So YUMMY! This card is spectacular, my friend....just SPECTACULAR!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Julie! Oh I love the soft pink and the gold is fantastic accent. Love this!

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it in the pink!!

Cheryl said...

That is absolutely stunning!

Elena said...

Julie! This card is stunning! Love the embossed poinsettia! Pink and gold look so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning my dear Julie!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This turned out so pretty. It's similar to what I did with the same image several posts ago, but I used my twinkling H2O's. I'm guessing they're similar to Shimmerz, but I have never used the Shimmerz. Using the Mica powder adds a nice touch as well.

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

Jennifer Love said...

This is just beautiful! As if I didn't already want this stamp set, this just makes it even HARDER to not run over and order it. LOL!

Anonymous said...

This looks fabulous Julie!!
smiles,Deena

Shirley said...

This is just so beautiful! How creative with the Shimmerz too!

Mescrap said...

This is so much beautiful !! Love the shinning edge.

retiredheather said...

Wonderful card Julie. I would love to see it because photos are so deceiving. It looks great so I know it is something wonderful.
Heather