Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Schnookems!

Well, my "old man" is turning a year older today so I thought my post would have a birthday theme! This is not the card he's getting though -- too girly! Pink sparkles? Me thinks not! I don't even want to begin to tell you about the card he got me for my b-day. OH MY! I am still laughing but it's a little off color. So, we'll save that story for another time!

So... cue the music... Happy Birthday To YOU!!!


I just got this new rubber from Impression Obsession! It is part of the winter offerings from the talented illustrator Leigh Hannan! The main stamp is called Birthday Martini and the saying is -- Happy Birthday To You!

The card was super duper easy! I stamped the main image with Versamark Black ink, colored with watercolor pencils, added some Stickles, matted it up with the help of my nesties, add some pink satin ribbon and you're almost done! The saying was stamped on a 1-1/4" circle and, of course, I had to add some bling to both the saying and the bottom of the glass! No such thing as too much bling! The background paper is actually called Nana's Kids from DCWV. Round the corners on the card and.... VOILA!

Here's a look at my little tag....

And, here's a close up of the birthday martini! Don't you love the little cupcakes??? I do!

Before I let you go.... I have some FUN news!

To help you make sure the holiday is Just Rite, all Just Rite products in the Flourishes store will be 25% off starting December 1st! In order to build some excitement, the Flourishes Design team will be showing you all the fun ways you can use these products and we will be giving away some goodies of our own! Here's a look at the goody trail!!!

Sunday - Faith
Monday - Susan
Tuesday - Cindy
Wednesday - Laura
Thursday - Flourishes Newsletter
Friday - Latisha
Saturday - ME!
Sunday - Winner’s Roundup on the Flourishes Blog

Moving on... You know how I love Shimmerz paints -- right? Well, I got word that these little glimmery goodies will be going on sale direct from Shimmerz starting tomorrow! It's a limited time sale so, be sure to check out the details HERE on the Shimmerz blog!

And.... ONE more announcement! My bloggin' bud Sharon Johnson just hit a monumental milestone on her blog today. She reached one million hits! So, to celebrate, she asked some of us to strike up the band and help with the party! Starting Monday, there will be more than a week full of challenges, project ideas perfect for Christmas, and blog candy gallore! You won't want to miss it!

15 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Adorable card, Julie -- LOVE all your little details and that tag is so cute!!!

Janine said...

Such a sweet card!! Happy birthday to your hubby!!!
Have a great day Julie~~

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable Julie!

tyrymom29 said...

This card is beautiful !!!I love the lil details!!

The Rubber Maid said...

I think that card was made for me since I'm the Martini Queen. You needed a beer mug or stein for Ken's birthday . Very cute card. Mom

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Love the card Julie! happy birthday to your hubby!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh fun and I love that the little cupcakes are the cherries. So so cute.

Lori Renn said...

That card is sooooo cute!! Thanks for your kind words on my blog. You are so sweet. Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Julie!

Latisha said...

so super cute, I love the cupcakes in the glass with the candle!

Lesli said...

Happy Birthday to your DH. Love the card - congrats to you friend on 1,000,000 hits - that is amazing!

Diane said...

Ooh,I love it Julie!!! The bling looks great!
Love the new blog look,it's son Christmassy!!!

Elena said...

Adorable card Julie! Love the little tiny cupcakes! Happy Birthday to your Husband!

Justine said...

What a fun card and yes I do love those little cupcakes too

Rhonda Kelly said...

What a fun card! I love the little cupcakes in the martini glass, that is just cute! Great job, tfs.
Happy Birthday to DH....
And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Shirley said...

I cannot believe I missed this stamp at I/O. I most of their's it seems. Anyway, your card is sensational and oh so glamorous!