Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!


I love today! I love waking up in the morning, cuddling up with my kiddos and watching the parades on TV as I start baking pies or desserts and getting those wonderful smells floating through the house. I love the sounds of football and savor the scents of roasting turkey! I am thankful for friends, family and all the wonderful blessings that land on our doorstep! So, to those reading this post today, I raise my glass to you and wish you just the same!

The card I made for today is one featuring an old PSX stamp that I colored with Prismacolor pencils and accented with chalks. I used a mix of oranges, reds and greens and then blended with odorless mineral spirits. You might also see a bit of sheen. I always spray my work with workable fixative to prevent what's called "wax bloom." When you work with colored pencils that have a wax base, over time, you can get a white chalky appearance to your work -- so-- to prevent this -- you spray it! That's a little tip for you! The saying "Happy Thanksgiving" is from the new Autumn Flourishes set by Flourishes!

Before I go....the candy trail of Just Rite goodies continues! The Flourishes DT is showing you all the fun ways to use Just Rite products to get ready for Monday's big sale!!! Starting December 1st, all of the Just Rite products in the Flourishes store will be 25% off!

Before then, stop by and say hi to these DT members and check out the goodies they will be offering up on these days!
Sunday - Faith
Monday - Susan
Tuesday - Cindy
Wednesday - Laura
Thursday - Flourishes Newsletter
Friday - Latisha
Saturday - ME!
Sunday - Winner’s Roundup on the Flourishes Blog

I'll be back later tonight with a sneak peek at Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge -- so after turkey time - check back!!! :-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

~Julie

11 comments:

Janine said...

Hey Julie!! Enjoy your day!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
FAbulous card too!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card for one of my favorite holidays. Got my pumpkin pie done and can't wait to smell the turkey cooking. Happy Thanksgiving DD and all the rest of the family. Mom

Amy said...

WOW!!!!! Your new design is FABULOUS Julie!!!!!!! I love it. Happy Thanksgiving friend.....

Hugs,
Amy

Lovely gd Cee said...

WHOAH!!!! Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!!!!

it's so cheerful around!
cheers to you too!

happy thanksgiving:)

hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Julie! I have a similar PSX stamp and I'll never let it go. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Diane said...

Oh what a beauty Julie!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! Enjoy!

Elena said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Julie!
Your card is gorgeous!!!

Elena said...

Love your new design at your blog!

Anonymous said...

very very beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

This is so incredibly beautiful Julie! A wonderful Thanksgiving card!

Shirley said...

How more lovely, warm and gorgeous could it get!!! I love the colors and how you did the leaves too! Wonderful!