Sunday, November 9, 2008

Howdy!

Hi all! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! We just kind of chilled here. Kind of aimless in fact! But, I guess that's a good thing every now and then... right?

Today's card is one that only has one bit of stamping on it.... on the inside! The inside is stamped with the word "howdy" which is a saying from Amuse Art Stamps. The outside is done with some decorative paper, a distressed and sewn edge, some hemp cord, a Cosmo Cricket flower, a button, and a darling image from Crafty Secrets! The wild and crazy lady is a part of the Girlfriends Image and Journal Notes booklet. The booklet is full of photo style images with little quotes and decorative accents for cards. It's so fun! I could see using some of this for a decopage project!

That's all my friends! This upcoming week is full of surprises from Flourishes-- it's release week! The sets are elegant images perfect for fall! Can't wait to show you all!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is just 'precious!!!' I love the denim look, perfect for this cowgirl. Thanks for your comment on my SCS card :)

Janine said...

Lovely Julie!!! Back from Chicago and doing laundry... We had such a great time! Ate in some fabulous restaurants, did an architectural boat tour and shopped the Magnificent Mile... Great couple of days.

marcie said...

Really fun card Julie! I love the country feel too it and the way you used the designer papers.

I'm looking forward to the new Flourish releases!

Marcie

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your cowgirl card but where's her cowboy? She must be like me, no cowboy yet. Very cute. Mom

Lori Renn said...

Hi Julie!
I saw you as a featured artist in a Christmas craft mag recently. WoW! I'm so impressed!

Elena said...

Lovely card! I love the colors and girl's picture is so precious!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh this is soo cute! Love the denim!

Anonymous said...

So adorable Julie, I love the denim, so cute with the cowgirl and that flower is just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Thought for a minute it was a picture of your Mom trying to rope her cowboy. Great card!
Keep thinking I need to sew on some of my cards cause it looks so cool when you do, but all I got is my great grandma's old treadle that I use as a table in the upstairs hall and I'm afraid I'd just hurt myself.

p.s. just went down to put my name on and saw your Mom's comment - - great minds!!

Mescrap said...

Really a wonderful card ! Love the cowgirl image. And you even layer the card with JEANs. Clever.

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love it!

Linda Crowder said...

Do you have a video or CD or the like of this project for sale? I love the idea and would like it as an example to go by. I collect photos that look like the ones I used to have that are all gone now. So I can recoup my memories this way, plus this is a wonderful way to add stories and commentaries. Thanks for sharing. Linda Crowder

Curt in Indy said...

This has such a cool retro feel to it! Love the denim and the gingham together! Super card Julie! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

The background you did to support your image is just wonderful and creative. She is pretty cute herself.