Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm about to get schmoopy on you....

Watch out, it might get a little gushy. So, if you don't like warm and fuzzy, click away now! LOL!

This project was one I made for my hubby not too long ago. Every now and then he goes on a business trip for a few days and when he goes - I don't want him to forget lil ole me! So, I made this notebook. Before he leaves, I slip it in his briefcase and in it - a little note to let him know I'm thinkin' bout him! Nothing too sappy, just a little sweet something to say - you're missed!
It was really easy to make! I covered the front of a dollar store journal with this patterned paper from Crate Paper. The label is a sticker from Making Memories. The hearts were punched with a punch I got from Hero Arts. And, the text was made with my JustRite stamper in the Trompe Script. Add some hot fix nail heads to the label.... and the outside is pretty much done! You can see, I added some black scalloped edge ribbon to the inside so that he could open it up to the right page.

Here's a peek at the first page on the inside. I love this saying - it's from the Lace Heart set by Flourishes. I stamped the heart in the background from the set in Antique Linen. Then, stamped the saying over top in Versafine Black.
Well, that's it my friends. I am laying low for a bit-- I have been battling the worst cold for the past few days and I am whipped! I know I will be back Friday for Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge though! See you then!

16 comments:

Penny said...

It's so lovely to leave your husband such a sweet thought! I love the hearts with the letters on. I hope you're feeling better very soon x

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, what a wonderful idea!
Great notebook and I am sure it brings a smile to your DH each time he sees it.

Joan

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great altered book - and a wonderful idea. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Courtney said...

Awwww! That's too sweet! I love the idea, and I'm sure DH does, too!

Hope you feel better soon! Sending you tylenol and chicken soup via the internet!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you are not well!!!Take it easy hun and get lots of rest.Sweet idea for your hubby, you lil ole romantic you!
Hugs!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do. Must be Ken is fond of black & red, too. Hope you feel better SOON.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beuatiful idea and I bet he appreciates it too! I do the same thing with my DH but I give him a card each day he is gone to open.

Tammy Hershberger said...

"No, you're the schmoopy!!!"

Gorgeous journal, Julie! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I love warm and fuzzy Julie....Been rather pants on my blog this week :(Hope your feeling a lot better soon:)~X~

Janine said...

Hi Julie... Still in Chicago... I love this!! Whenever Brian goes away I always put a note in his suitcase!! I think they appreciate the fact that we miss them!! and love them tons!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This project is just beautiful, Julie -- I love it!!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Very neat notebook for your hubby. That was very sweet - I'm sure he loved it. Great "American" card, too. I'm glad all the "ugly" is over - at least on the airwaves....for a time, anyway.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh, Julie, this is not only beautiful, but a precious keepsake for your hubby. I love the idea of leaving him love notes...so sweet! Hope you're feeling better soon! {{hugs}}

Diane said...

That is soooo sweet! I just knew you we're that type of person!
Sappy,smoochie,lovy dovy!!!
It's fun to do stuff like that to keep the spark going! It's beautiful Julie!
Now you take care of that cold now!

Shirley said...

You are more than an artist, you are a wonderfully wise artist. What a sweet way to let him know you care.

Elena said...

That is very loveable gift!!! Wonderful idea! Very-very precious!