Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stamp Simply - Giving Thanks!

On this long weekend for all of us in the United States, we officially kick off the holiday season! And, what a beautiful way to kick it off by giving thanks. Today my family went out and threw the old football around. We had gorgeous weather - sunny and balmy! Then, we spent the afternoon in the kitchen together cooking and watched our favorite teams play on the telly. It was a good day!

And so, on this weekend, what better time than to make a card that shows thanksgiving! That's the Stamp Simply challenge this week- to make a "thank you" card! (ssnotime63 is the keyword on SCS). If you want to check out the official rules - click HERE to go to Sharon's place.

I chose to make a different kind of thank you card. It goes without saying, when you have a day like today, you can't help but feel extremely blessed. So, that is the basis of my card today!!


I recently picked up this stamp set- Sing to The Lord from Our Daily Bread Designs - and I just am in love with it. I think it is just stunning. To make the card, I stamped the bird twice - first on a piece of ivory that I cut out with the Curved Rectangle Nestabilities set. I cut a smaller curved rectangle from a scrap piece and used it as a mask to sponge ink into the center of my larger rectangle. I stamped the bird and the sentiment over top. On a scrap piece, I stamped the bird on the limb, colored the bird and flowers, cut them out and layered them on top of my main piece for a pop of dimension. I colored the bird and flowers with watercolor pencils and blended with my blender pen. (It's the easy "cheat" way!) Add some decorative paper, some self adhesive pearls and some ivory satin ribbon and... you're done!

Here's a close up of that cute birdie!!!

ETA: I just was surfing over at the Papercraft Planet and they are having 12 days of Christmas challenges! Well, today's challenge is a bird or tree card --- so, this fits! You can check out the challenge HERE!

But first, you have to check out what the other Stamp Simply gals cooked up this week? (besides turkey!)

Sharon Johnson
Becky Oehlers
Dee Jackson
Janine Orchard
Tammy Hershberger
AJ Otto
Cathy Tidwell
Jennifer Buck

Before I go, there is a LONG candy trail for a whole host of Just Rite goodies being offered up by Flourishes! Today, check out Latisha Yoast's place HERE for her blog candy and don't forget to check out all the week's blog candy giveaways HERE. The drawings end early Sunday--- so sign up now if you haven't yet!! My candy will be offered up at midnight Saturday!!

Post a Comment