Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stamp Simply - Say It With Ribbon!

Hi all and happy Friday! Time for another Stamp Simply challenge! This week it's all about saying it with ribbon! Your ribbon should literally speak! The challenge is to stamp a saying on ribbon, make faux ribbon with a message or use a ribbon that has a pre-printed sentiment on it! I have to admit - I have never stamped on ribbon before! I actually had to ask the other gals how they do it without the ink bleeding. Thankfully, I followed in Becky's advice and used Staz-on ink on satin ribbon and, it worked like a charm!

So, here's my card!

This card actually couldn't get any easier! I used my new nesties - Curved Rectangles along with the new "You Are Invited" from Flourishes. Stamp it in black ink - color it with Opal Shimmerz, add some bling (Kaiser rhinestones) and Crystal Stickles for the champagne bubbles. Mat it on some decorative paper, add a blingy ribbon slide and .... done! The ribbon is May Arts. This is seriously a 10 minute card!

I wanted to show you a close up of the Shimmerz! In real life it has a light pink cast to it and really matches my paper!

So, that's it my friends! If you want all the details on the challenge, be sure to click HERE. Or, make the rounds and see what all the SS gals did this week!


Hope you make time for play time and join us! Have a fabulous weekend!

Post a Comment