Monday, March 23, 2009

Celebrating 300K!

Not too long ago, I was surfing around my friend Laura Fredrickson's blog when her stat counter caught my eye. I saw that she was really close to hitting 300,000 and.... so was I! What are the chances of that? So, I emailed her and said, "Hey, let's celebrate together!" So.... here we are!

Because we are so excited to hit this blogging milestone, we want to share our excitement with you with a challenge or two! For day 1, all you need to do is page through Laura's blog or her gallery on SCS, find a card you would like to CASE, put your own creative spin on it and then post a comment with a link to your creation on Laura's blog post. You can also upload to SCS using the keyword CEL300L. From that list of folks, you'll be elligible for Day 1 of her goodies giveaway, and if you play, I'll also draw a second person to win some goodies from me!

So... let's cut to the case!

THIS is the card of Laura's that I chose for my inspiration (it's the card with the pair of boots)! And..... this is my card!


I loved the spring like colors of Laura's, the scalloped edge along one side of her card, the decorative paper, the ribbon and the corner accent. So, I took all that -- and added to it!

Instead of tying the ribbon in a bow, I just used it as a wrap and, instead of just leaving the corner exposed -- I added a button! The papers are all Basic Grey from the Bitterweet and Urban Prairie Collections. THIS was the stamp set I used from Impression Obsession called Easter Seals. Just LOVE this set for Easter -- it has such fun potential! The "grass" was actually from a Gina K. Set by Carolyn King called Framed Flowers. Inks used were Vivid Brown and Pear Tart Memento. Put it all together, add some paper piercing... and DONE!

Here's a close up of the cute little bunny! I popped him up as well as the grass with some foam tape....

So, if you give this challenge a try, like I said, you'll not only have Laura's goodies up for grabs - I'll pick a name from her post to win this Impression Obsession clear set that I used on my card! To be elligible, you need to leave a post on her blog or upload to SCS using the keyword CEL300L.

Find your inspiration and let your creative juices flow! You have until Next Monday, March 30th at midnight to make and upload your card! We'll announce a winner sometime on Tuesday!

We'll be back tomorrow with ANOTHER challenge and more goodies up for grabs! So.... check back!

9 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is adorable! Love that plaid bunny, and the button is perfect! Congrats on 300K! So happy to be celebrating with you!

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute Julie! Oh casing Laura will be fun! Congrats again!

Stampin_melissa said...

Congrats on the hits! Such a cute card!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! That's an awesome achievement!

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love the plaid bunny! Congratulations on 300k!

Norine said...

just adorable and Congrats on 300K wow
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

wow girlfriend 300K that's awesome!!! Casing Laura????? that will be soooo much fun. Hope my creative mojo sticks around long enough for that one. I'm on my way to Laura's!
ps.......Love the card you cased, it's sweet!

Justine said...

Congratulations, what a huge milestone. I just uploaded my card that I cased from Laura. You are my project for Tomorrow. Hugs,
Justine

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling bunny and card -- just love this one!!!