Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easter Treats!

Hi all! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! I was in my craft room the other day trying to dream up some goody bags for my daughter's class for Easter and this is what I came up with.

Now... will I be adventurous enough to actually do 22 of these babies? Hhhhmmm.... we'll see! I used some spring theme paper that I had in my stash for the base and it is just a 4" by 8" piece that I cut on an angle and then scored 3-3/4" from each edge lengthwise. I did this so that my pouch would be dimensional and not just a flat fold. (You'll be able to see what I mean when I show another photo below).

The rest is just decking it out! I used a Marvy oval and Marvy oval scallop punch for my main image and layer. Then, I created a topper for my little pouch by folding a 4 by 4-1/2" piece in half so that the finished measurement was 2 by 4-1/2". Then, I just angled this piece in my paper cutter to create the fun angles at the top- just cut an angle by marking a dot 1/4" in on both sides of the fold and using your paper trimmer to cut from that mark to the corner of the flap. I hope that makes sense!

For my stamping, I used one of the NEW Sarah Phelps clear sets from Impression Obsession called Easter Bunny. You can find it HERE. There's also a smaller set too with some similar images that is just as cute HERE.

I stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and then colored with watercolor pencils blending with a blender pen. I actually stamped the bunny's shirt on a pink piece of paper and paper pieced it I just wanted the color a little more bold there.

Here's a close up!

The rest is easy! Add a tag with some gold embroidery floss. I stamped the saying from the set on a 1-1/2" circle that I punched and matted it on a scalloped circle that I punched out of dp with a SU punch. Add some pink satin ribbon as an accent and then punch two holes at the top of your flap so that it goes through not just the flap but your pouch as well. Thread the ribbon through and tie in the back....

Like this!There you have it! A fun and easy little treat bag for the little ones (and maybe big ones) in your lives!

By the way, the Impression Obsession sale ends at midnight tonight! I know the site was down for a bit yesterday but it's back up now!
It's all going on at the Impression Obsession Webstore. Free shipping on orders more than $30! To see all the NEW images... click HERE for the rubber stamps, and HERE for the clear images!

See you back here soon!

18 comments:

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Wow, That would be adventurous of you to do 22 of them!

Love the bunny!
Great work of heart and art!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Diane said...

My goodness you are one crafty lady,and patient one if you make 22 of them!!
It looks fabulous Julie,I'm sure the little ones will love 'em!!!

Elena said...

Very cute! Thank you for sharing your idea, Julie!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Totally darling -- go for it -- you can do 22!!!

Janine said...

How cute is this girlfriend!!? How was your weekend.?

ChristineCreations said...

oh sheesh Julie! This are adorable little flower pots! What great treats they will be, you super-mom you. :)

Kay said...

You are the best Easter mommy in the whole wide world! I'd set up an assembly line if I lived closer! Go for it! Wonderful project!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Very cute project, Julie. What's 21 more, right?! Thanks for sharing with us.

Denise said...

These bags are so cute! The kids will love them. I love the bright colors.

Norine said...

what a great gift the class will love them 22 is lot good luck with that LOL
Hugs
Norine

The Rubber Maid said...

I'm sure Ellie would love to pass out those adorable little bags to her class. very cute! Mom

Mary said...

Your goody bag came out so sweet. The little bunny image that you used made me smile. He is adorable. OY! 22 goody bags. I hope your able to get them all done.

Mary

Anonymous said...

This is `gorgeous` Julie..Great catching up with all your beautiful creations..
Have a lovely Week:)♥

Lesli said...

Wow - you are adventurous. They are absolutely adorable Julie!

Shelly said...

That is really cute.

Lovely gd Cee said...

when do you need this? maybe i can help you? i'll cut and you stamp:)

CUTENESS!

Anonymous said...

seriously, are you going to more of these? because i'd help. i cut, you stamp. deeeeerr.. email me.

L.

Shirley said...

How really really cute and I think I might have missed a challenge when I see this. Yikes!