Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another oldie from the drawer!

Remember the card yesterday featuring the colored image that sat in a lonely drawer waiting to be made into a card? (I now affectionately call that drawer of images, half made cards and scraps my pieces and parts drawer) Well, I have one more for you today!

I made part of this card while doing a demo for my LSSS using colored pencils on dark paper. The stamps are from Magenta and I thought the artsy feel demanded kind of an artsy - more scribbled look. Well, I did that and never made this bad boy into a card!

I stamped all of my leaf images in white, highlighted with white colored pencil and then colored with several shades of green (apple, lime and grass shades). After I was done, I took the darkest green pencil and a white pencil and using a ruler made some grid lines around my leaf images for a little extra pop.

The thing with stamping on dark colors is -- it doesn't make it easy to add a sentiment. So, I grabbed one of these little metal embellies that I picked up years ago at Walmart. From there, mat it up, add a slot punch and accent the mat of your main image with some silver leafing pen. The ribbon is just the most glorious part! It's a new 100% silk ribbon from May Arts that Flourishes is now selling. This ribbon is soooooo lush! It's like the Cadillac of ribbon!

And that, my friends is it for today! I have one more rescue attempt from my pieces and parts drawer-- so stay tuned! See you back here tomorrow!

Post a Comment