Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Friday Two-fer!

Hi all! TGIF! I cannot believe it's Friday already! But, with that realization comes a whole lot of fun! We have Stamp Simply courtesy of the fabulous Sharon Johnson and.... we have the Friday Flourishes Focus which just so happens to be all about paper peicing!

So, first things first - I'm going to start singing..... "The incredible, edible egg!" Remember that jingle? Well folks - that's your inspiration for this week's Stamp Simply challenge! (ssnotime 81) Since Easter is fast approaching, the challenge is to take a look at the traditional Easter Egg - any way - any how -- in a decked out egg, a bird's next, or even in a frying pan!

If you stopped by yesterday, you saw my "chick parade." Today, I used the same set called Happy Easter from Impression Obsession, masked it and made the chicks sit on top of, carry and push all the larger than life eggs.
I stamped the chickies where I wanted them and then, masked and stamped the eggs so that one would be carrying it, one would be sitting on top and the last would be doing a sommersault off it! I just love these little chicks! Afterward, I colored them up with some watercolor pencils, blended with a blender pen and added some Crystal Stickles for a little sparkle! Stamp "Happy Easter" on a punched circle and mat it on a scalloped SU circle! Add some dp, a ticket corner punch and some bling and..... done!

You'll have to check out all the "egg"stra special cards the rest of the Stamp Simply team cooked up! Delish!

Jenny -- our new guest designer!
Dee
Tammy
Janine
AJ
Jennifer
Julie
Becky

Next up.... The Flourishes Focus,which is being hosted this week by the lovely Faith Hofrichter, who gives us an inside look at how to make our paper pieced creations pop -- literally! Stay tuned -- at the end of this post, I'll fill you in on how you can WIN all three of the new sets to be released next week!! You won't want to miss it!!

First off, Faith challenged the rest of the Senior DT to come up with our own paper peiced creations and so... here goes!

These cutie patootie stamps are from the newly released Gigi & Chloe set from Flourishes. I just love those little shoes! So, I stamped them mutliple times on the new Memory Box Rhubarb Tart paper. Stamped them a second time on a 1-1/4" punched circle and then started to layer them up! Layer on a 1-1/2" punched circle from a coordinating color in the MB paper pack and then layer again on a punched scalloped circle. The rest is easy peasy -- layer - add a little ribbon, a scalloped edge, paper pierce the edge and add a fun sentiment! Almost done! On two pairs of the shoes, I added some silver studs and bling! Too fun!

Here's a close up! I added some shading with a Cool Grey #1 Copic Marker.

Swing Into Spring Challenge!
Do you want to use a little of your creativity to get your hands on all three of the soon to be released sets from Flourishes? All you have to do is make a card with a little paper piecing on it! Upload to SCS with the keyword FLLCAPR or leave a comment here on this post. We can't wait to see what you piece together! We'll accept entries until Friday, April 10th at 5PM CST. A winner will be drawn from all the entries during our RELEASE PARTY which is set for April 10th from 8 to 10 PM CST!! WOO-HOO!!!!!! Can't wait for that!

Want to see what the rest of the Flourishes DT pieced together?

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Latisha Yoast
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Thanks so much for stopping by! We have big plans this weekend - so I won't be back until Monday! My son, bless his little heart, qualified for a state bowling tournament. It's about 300 miles away and we are hitting the road! There are even scholarships on the line so we are pretty darn proud that he made it this far! Wish him luck! The good thing is - we are just 20 minutes from some of the state's fabulous hot springs which means good year round swimming! Yes -- swimming in April! Should be nice and relaxing!

Enjoy your weekend!

16 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Julie, your little chick and egg creation is darling!!! GREAT masking job to create your busy chicks!!! I love it!!! That striped DP is to die for, too!!! Darling shoe card as well -- and good luck to your son -- have a good weekend!!!

ChristineCreations said...

So fun Julie!

You KNOW I love those shoes, and the Easter one is adorable.

I used to bowl too! I can still throw a mean strike :) Hope he does really well, and that you all have fun!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very cute cards, Julie! You make it all sound so easy! Your masking and placement of the chickies is perfect.

Best of luck this weekend!

Janine said...

Julie I love your Easter card... What a fabulous idea...
Hope you have a great weekend.

Darlene said...

Way to go Julie ... you never disappoint!! Your "eggy" card is so cleverly done ... and the bg paper is perfect!
Your flourishes card is adorable ... LOVE those shoes!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

I am so proud of our Cal and hope he knocks em dead! All pins down is what I mean.
The two cards are so cute, I love the paper on the shoe one, really sweet. Mom

Jenny Gropp said...

Both cards are fantastic. I love how you positioned the little chicks and eggs i different poses! So creative and shows off so many possibilities!
You are tempting me to spend money with that shoe card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Your easter eggs are darling and the little chicks with them. Okay LOVE love love the shoes and card. Totally fun and so cute. Great paper piecing on the shoes, and love the dp!

Anonymous said...

Just love those little chick's and how your made them do different things on with the eggs. Colors are wonderful in both projects. My daughter would love to get a card with the shoes, she is a shoe aholic.
I think that she owns a pair for every outfit.

Have a happy stamping day!

Trish in Wisconsin

Ann said...

Congrats to Cal. I grew up bowling, but was never very good.

I just love those little chickens on your Easter card!

Alex said...

These are both fabulous cards Julie - I love that cute Easter card, and shoes, ack!! great paper piecing!!! Fun cards! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Leslie Miller said...

I love both cards, Julie! Those little chicks -- adorable -- especially the last one in the row...just makes me tee hee!! The pieced shoes are fabulous. I'm going to have some fun with that set, I think!

Diane said...

Fabulous cards girl! Hope you have a wonderful bowling and swimming weekend!
Best of luck to your son!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a sweet Easter design! Love the stripes!

Best Wishes to your son! Hope he does well!

Anonymous said...

Love those shoes darlin! I need a new pair for the summer!

Deb Neerman said...

Cute, cuter, cutest!!!! LOVE your cards, Jewels ... perfection, as usual!

Hope all is well with you and yours!!

~Hugs!!